Women's Footy AFLW Round 6 GWS versus Brisbane, Saturday March 6th at Manuka Oval.

Who were your five best players against GWS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
On the road again.
F4275F6E-BC9F-4989-A4E9-2ACFF918E077.jpeg

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Is there a running tally on the leader for the big footy player of the game votes? If not is be happy to tally it but could someone let me know how votes are allocated?

Is there a running tally on the leader for the big footy player of the game votes? If not is be happy to tally it but could someone let me know how votes are allocated?
I've been slack on this but I'll get it up in the next couple of days.

Interestingly the men cant play in Canberra, however the women can

Alternatively, a practice match "can't" be played interstate but a proper fixture can.

(Realistically, one they can move to save on costs and the other can't so much.)

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Final three rounds are up and we have only top teams in Collingwood, North Melbourne and Melbourne. Makes this one a must win game before a string of tough pre finals games

I was trying to find someone to rant about how easy a fixture they got in the last three weeks.

Surprisingly none of the teams outside finals looking in really have a gimme draw. They've structured it reasonably well, so it might be hard for the teams just outside finals to make it in if they're playing the others around that point plus a game or two against the stronger teams.

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I was trying to find someone to rant about how easy a fixture they got in the last three weeks.

Surprisingly none of the teams outside finals looking in really have a gimme draw. They've structured it reasonably well, so it might be hard for the teams just outside finals to make it in if they're playing the others around that point plus a game or two against the stronger teams.

Yeah it seems reasonably balanced. You could argue we have the toughest run home but thats only because we're playing three team ranked in the equal too six on points rather than two as other contenders are, which is hardly a monster difference.

HereIam86

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
La lakers Brisbane Heat
I wonder if will end of playing these teams or the draw gets changed again because of Covid.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Yeah it seems reasonably balanced. You could argue we have the toughest run home but thats only because we're playing three team ranked in the equal too six on points rather than two as other contenders are, which is hardly a monster difference.
We’ve literally had the easiest draw of all teams this year.

The only bottom team we won’t have played is Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
the fend off by Svarc!

pity it was in traffic so didn't have time for the next move. The girls are looking switched on so far.

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
the biggest throw i'v ever seen. It was basically a basketball two handed shot!?? Love how revved up I get for these games :) Great stuff

edit: WHAT A GOAL!

I think we've been waiting for that shot all year, she's so dangerous down low

Back