Women's Footy AFLW Round 6 GWS versus Brisbane, Saturday March 6th at Manuka Oval.

Who were your five best players against GWS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
great credit to the girls and coaching staff during the off-season. We are an immense physical presence. We just run and run by golly.

Lutkins was supreme down back, but there was a lot of players going great today. Thought Woosha is growing into the season nicely, great to see her back out there.

Hodder looking more comfortable, and Davidson.. by golly what a 2 years shes had. Great drive and growth

edit: i think I have been mixing up Koenen and Campbell this whole season.... good lord

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Great win for the girls but I gotta say whoever was in charge of managing camera selection for the game should never be allowed near an afl broadcast again. The obsession with using close angle instead of mid range shots was baffling, especially when they were focusing on the player who had taken rhe mark rather than letting us see their kicking options. Ridiculous.

Anyway good win and it would have been better if we hadn't let them off the hook with kicking that was closer to what we saw from our boys last season. Think we missed 4 or 5 sitters at least.

Thought pretty much everyone played well. Thought Isabel dawes and tahlia hickey ha probably their best games to date, ally Anderson and Emily bates dominated the midfield and outshone their more ballyhoed opponent Alice Parker, Dakota and Courtney hodder looked good in the forward line (though accuracy was down), Sophie Conway continued on her quality showing from last week while Kate lutkins did Kate lutkins things all day and woosh looked to be getting her feel forth game back . Probably the only players I thought were down on what we've seen from them this season were greta bodey and nat grider, though being so early in their career its hardly a big deal to have a down day in a blow out.

Hard to choose just 5 but I ended up going with those who I thought were best in the first half when we won the game - ally, tahlia hickey, isabel dawes, kate lutkins and dakota

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So I had the game on mute the whole time but turned on the sound for the song and interviews and jesus the commentators can't even pretend to be interested in talking about us. Were top of the table and all they can say is 'flying under the radar' and 'everyone does their job' before they rush to start talking about alyce Parker (who got completely outplayed by our two star mids) and games involving Melbourne teams later on this weekend.

The men's team doesn't get a fair shake either but at least we get lynchy on the sidelines at home games and browny on occasion in the box. For the women all we get is an insulting level of disinterest from the commentators

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
I've already voted but it was hard to pick just five. One of the great things about us is that the work load is shared around a bit rather than just letting, say, Bates or Lutkins, do all the work getting us started in the middle or defence. The only gripe I really have is how fumbly we can be while the opposition seem to be able to handle the ball cleanly. Bring on the scum!

Although it's a shame that game won't be at the Gabba like was originally planned.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I've already voted but it was hard to pick just five. One of the great things about us is that the work load is shared around a bit rather than just letting, say, Bates or Lutkins, do all the work getting us started in the middle or defence. The only gripe I really have is how fumbly we can be while the opposition seem to be able to handle the ball cleanly. Bring on the scum!

Although it's a shame that game won't be at the Gabba like was originally planned.
Bring on the scum....sorry to inform you we are not playing Carlton.

3E3F8CE2-167F-4DAE-88D9-0DF60BC45E92.jpeg

Back