Game Day AFLW Round 6 - Suns v Geelong @ Metricon 6:10pm. Feb 11th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks girls for very good contest. I needed it after Ben's ACL. Great to watch your team going harder and dominating most of the game.

Most girls are improving and playing well. TGL, Drennan, Whitfort were great.

Bella deserves a credit after some ordinary performances early in the season. According to commentators Bella is 1st in the league in hit outs and 2nd in hit outs to advantage.

Thanks girls for very good contest. I needed it after Ben's ACL. Great to watch your team going harder and dominating most of the game.

Most girls are improving and playing well. TGL, Drennan, Whitfort were great.

Bella deserves a credit after some ordinary performances early in the season. According to commentators Bella is 1st in the league in hit outs and 2nd in hit outs to advantage.

I’ve been critical of Bella but she was good tonight and her follow up work was well improved

I’ve been critical of Bella but she was good tonight and her follow up work was well improved
Me too. Joyce mentioned that they work hard on getting first use to our midfield.

Girls definitely improved physically. Credit to high performance team or whoever trains them. Last year they wilted after 1-2 quarters. Now they can run out the games. The pressure in 3rd quarter was unbelievable.

Last edited:

Get a midfield that can win some ball and get it going forward, you have a chance.

Night and day from last year, with Stanton, Drennan, Chuckles Rowbottom, Hampson, Whitfort and Yorston all winning some footy.
The tackling is a big asset but only if you are winning the ball. Much easier to keep the intensity up when good things happen b/c of it.

Suspect we are a step off the top 4 but would be disappointed if we miss finals from here.

only just over 600 people attended, which is a bit disappointing. Hopefully more people start attending.
First game I’ve missed this season but that’s because I can’t realistically travel to every match. I just can’t afford it

Also, maybe the fixture continuing to change could have an impact on crowds

First game I’ve missed this season but that’s because I can’t realistically travel to every match. I just can’t afford it

Also, maybe the fixture continuing to change could have an impact on crowds
I know multiple people who intended on going to the Geelong game but weren't able to because they already had commitments for Friday night when the new game time was revealed on Wednesday. There was also a fixture change which doesn't help either. We had more than double last night's crowd show up for the Richmond game two weeks ago in the late afternoon Sunday slot so I think that pretty clearly shows there are plenty more people willing to attend if they have more than two days notice. Most AFLW clubs pull between 1000-2500 to their home games so a crowd of 1329 in attendance for the Richmond fixture was a respectful figure. Demand will only grow as our girls continue to win more games/push towards a finals berth.

I know multiple people who intended on going to the Geelong game but weren't able to because they already had commitments for Friday night when the new game time was revealed on Wednesday. There was also a fixture change which doesn't help either. We had more than double last night's crowd show up for the Richmond game two weeks ago in the late afternoon Sunday slot so I think that pretty clearly shows there are plenty more people willing to attend if they have more than two days notice. Most AFLW clubs pull between 1000-2500 to their home games so a crowd of 1329 in attendance for the Richmond fixture was a respectful figure. Demand will only grow as our girls continue to win more games/push towards a finals berth.
Yeah the late notice fixture change wouldn't have helped. And a friday night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back