Women's Footy AFLW Round 6 v Geelong @ Kardinya Sat 9th 11.35am AWST

Remove this Banner Ad

May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
I know what you're all thing. Where's wayToGo_ and his AFLW preview thread? Well I'm not his mum (is that you son?) and I don't know where he is, so I thought I'd put together a preview that's probably not going to be as in depth as normal. I'll be at the game so come say hi! I'll be the Freo fan.

This game is a must win for Freo. Despite being the 3rd best team in the comp, and only losing 1 game, this stupid conference system means we're still out of a finals spot. Geelong are not as good, and have won less games, but are sitting top of conference B (B is for Bad).

We've had 2 changes, Evie Gooch and Ashlee Atkins come in for Laura Pugh (omitted) and Kellie Gibson (concussion).

TEAM v GEELONG
Backs:
Leah Mascall, Tayla Bresland, Ange Stannett
Half backs: Alex Williams, Ebony Antonio, Philipa Seth
Centre: Kiara Bowers
Half forwards: Gabby O’Sullivan, Ashley Sharp, Hayley Miller
Forwards: Kara Donnellan, Gemma Houghton, Sabreena Duffy
Ruck/Followers: Parris Laurie, Dana Hooker, Stephanie Cain
Interchange: Evie Gooch, Alicia Janz, Ashlee Atkins, Matilda Sergeant, Mel Caulfield
Emergencies: Laura Pugh, Katie-Jayne Grieve

Geelong have a team of some kind. The AFLW site is really poorly updated, and I doubt anyone knows their players enough to care who's in or out.

We know Freo's history with Geelong. They tried to get one up on us by making us play a final at Kardinya. Suckers. Now they've put in a temporary waterslide because they're so jealous of the one at Cockburn!
GMHBA-Stadium.png

So now it's a girls' turn to show them that any of our teams can beat them at their cheat ground, and we have a better waterslide too.

Freo by 24 points.

Thanks Allikat. Haven't had a chance this week, so very glad you got this one up.

Should win this one relatively comfortably. If we don't then we aren't a real chance at finals anyway. Gibson out sucks - she was building into some awesome form - but she should be back for the even more important game against North (assuming we win this one). Bowers, Hooker and Donnellan should dominate their midfield and I'm feeling like Miller is about due to break a game open with her run. Forward line with Antonio, Houghton and a bunch of clever smalls should get the job done easily on the scoreboard. Geelong's top score for the season is just 37 and that was in a big loss to Adelaide (66). Suspect we'll try and make it a shoot out for that reason.

Good contest!

Sharp needs a rocket at quarter time.

So too the ump that’s allowing the Geelong ruck to maule ours at the ruck contests.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back