Women's Footy AFLW Round 6 v Geelong @ Kardinya Sat 9th 11.35am AWST

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure. You tell me. What I did see was a few that we should’ve given away that we didn’t and I didn’t see any that we should’ve got but didn’t.
Yeah we got 1, they got 2. It was just the holding off the ball that annoyed me. Quite a few contests our players were held off and Geelong got away because of it. Then we got called for it even though their player pulled our player out of the stoppage before they then retaliated. In the 4th our players didn't let them and we saw what happened. The scoreboard was a lot closer than it should have been for most of that game imo. Better accuracy and that could have been our biggest score all year.

Hopefully a decent day next Saturday, should get a decent turnout. 4pm start so it shouldn't be too hot.

Yep would be great to see a big crowd. They've been healthy enough at Freo Oval already and with such a big game I'm hoping to see it pretty packed.

Pretty special win that one. It was obvious the umpires were not paying holding the ball in any way shape or form, but it didn’t matter in the end, but gee, those girls are ferocious at the ball. Sad for a knee injury to come out of it.😕

Were the commentators still talking about how amazing the Cats were during the last quarter?
I think they changed their tune a bit in the last. Kinda had to when we smashed them in every facet of the game. But the first three quarters the special comments were ridiculous.

Impressive win. I thought it was a real danger game. Couldn’t watch because of work. Anyone give insight? Injuries suspensions?
Williams has hurt her knee. They are not sure if it is an ACL. We covered the lost surprisingly well, probably because Antonia went back. Dominant performance after the first quarter and if we had of converted, it would have been a pummelling. Houghton very exciting up forward. Dana, Kiara and later Donnalan were very strong. Solid back line effort (really like Seth and Stannet). Ash sharp also dangerous up forward and my best on ground was Steph Caine. Gave us great run and contested well. She has had an excellent season imho.

Williams has hurt her knee. They are not sure if it is an ACL. We covered the lost surprisingly well, probably because Antonia went back. Dominant performance after the first quarter and if we had of converted, it would have been a pummelling. Houghton very exciting up forward. Dana, Kiara and later Donnalan were very strong. Solid back line effort (really like Seth and Stannet). Ash sharp also dangerous up forward and my best on ground was Steph Caine. Gave us great run and contested well. She has had an excellent season imho.
Oh... and having Janz back has been immense.

Real shame about Williams.

Otherwise it was a fantastic game to go to. It was my first game for the season, and it's great to see the skills improvement, and the extra work off the ball that everyone's doing. I know I gave Houghton s**t for being slow earlier, but she was fantastic in the last quarter. Hooker was everywhere, and Bowers is such a classy player.

Next week I think we need to go hard earlier. Norf are a good side, and I don't think we'll be able to blow them away at the end as easily as we did with Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back