Autopsy AFLW Round 7, 2022: Carlton v St.Kilda

Who Wins?

• Blues

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Saints

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarni White will miss after accepting a 1 game suspension.

I've rewatched the third quarter, when the hell was this? I can't spot anything dangerous from Tarni. She tackles Conway right at the start of the third quarter, Conway fends off with an elbow to White's throat, no free for high nor holding the ball. That can't be the one she's suspended for, surely?

Tarni White will miss after accepting a 1 game suspension.

I've rewatched the third quarter, when the hell was this? I can't spot anything dangerous from Tarni. She tackles Conway right at the start of the third quarter, Conway fends off with an elbow to White's throat, no free for high nor holding the ball. That can't be the one she's suspended for, surely?
when the hell did this happen??? I reckon umpires just hate her. She got done for a "dangerous tackle" last year too.

IN: McCarthy, L. Burke, Exon, Vogt
OUT: Richards (omitted), Meyer (omitted), White (suspended), Cutting (injured)

Dal trying something different in the midfield. Might as well, it's been a weakness this season.
Dal getting pretty creative all over the team sheet. Playing funny buggers im betting.
L.Burke in the ruck over Watt?
A.Burke & Friend fwd
Xenos & Matin in mid
TLR in back pocket when will most likely play mid

Qtr time: Same old for the Saints I'm afraid. Work so hard in general play, then either make poor decisions going inside 50 or miss very gettable set shots. Also helps that every other side's gun mid is vaccinated and ours isn't lol
The other side’s gun midfielder could be so much better if she took her fitness seriously. Looks like she did her pre season at KFC.

Qtr time: Same old for the Saints I'm afraid. Work so hard in general play, then either make poor decisions going inside 50 or miss very gettable set shots. Also helps that every other side's gun mid is vaccinated and ours isn't lol

Joey keeps repeating we have 5 first choice mids out. Pretty grim.

Something like only 23 available players overall .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joey keeps repeating we have 5 first choice mids out. Pretty grim.

Something like only 23 available players overall .

Even then, it's indicative that something is inherently wrong in our set up, somewhere somehow as it is like even with all our fist choice in, we'll have 5 mins of "this looks OK", the other mob, regardless of who they are will wake up and lift and we'll then go "right, that's us done, better half arse it" and we lose by 5+

There is nothing thus far that indicates we are at all taking it seriously enough.

Too many good players out when we were already the aflws leftovers side.

They don’t even look into it today, put up a fight last week, just 2nd to the ball every time, wether at the contest or into space.

Rubbish. We were barely competitive for most of last season, and that was with Patrikios and Smith! Other clubs have gone further ahead by bringing in quality players. Dal hasn't got the cattle, pure and simple.

100% agree Munga
unfortunately today's score 0.0.(2) is the equal lowest score in AFLW history, along with GCS last year 0.0.(2) v Lions
if Saints go winless, like last year GCS, will the AFL give up 2 top 1st round picks?
in between Hawks & Dons picks?

i bloody well hope so, if they don't, it will be a bloody joke!

Back