Autopsy AFLW Round 7, 2022 (S7): St.Kilda v Carlton

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Blues

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In our original draft we had picks 5, 9, 11. We used 5 on GP, traded 9 out for Emma Mackie (Plus picks that got us Dillon and White , and traded 11 out for Kate McCarthy

History would say that wasn't great business
Yep agreed. GP, Dillon and White have been really good, but just not at the out and out elite level. And it was super frustrating to see Rowbottom get taken by GC.

Welcome to the club. It's pretty lonely. Just the two of us I think.
Count me in too. I thought it was odd. Peta may have had her issues (I'm guessing?) but it was a bit disappointing to see NDS appointed on the back of some youth team coaching. Just felt the club was not taking AFLW seriously enough. But anyway - water under the bridge for now and have to live with it. Hope he comes up with something - although some things he can't control like Nicola Stevens shocking kick last week, would have got the win against a decent Pies team.

In our original draft we had picks 5, 9, 11. We used 5 on GP, traded 9 out for Emma Mackie (Plus picks that got us Dillon and White , and traded 11 out for Kate McCarthy

History would say that wasn't great business
I might be wrong but that year, the AFL had more of a say which picks went to existing clubs for established player. So, they gave Richmond the number 1 pick to give to the WB for Conti. Collingwood got handed pick 2 to satisfy a trade for a Carlton player.

With the latest expansion group, they got to pick up whatever players they wanted then the AFL distributed draft picks afterwards to make up for it. And for the existing clubs who had players taken, you only got to keep your first rounder if you had enough quality players taken from you.

If we were in the latest expansion group, we would have been able to keep those first round picks and still get those established players in based off what Hawthorn got.

Back