Preview AFLW Round 7 Fremantle vs North Melbourne, Saturday 16 March Fremantle Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing end to the season, of course we have to be the victims of the ridiculous conference system, before it is addressed and changed for next year.
Was Humphries injured or dropped ? we missed her dash, so many skill errors, turnovers, and hitouts to oppositions advantage made it a tough slog.

3, Kearney

2, Bruton

1, Ashmore

Disappointing end to the season, but onward and upward.

Either way, I've really enjoyed getting the opportunity to cheer on the girls in their inaugural year.

Votes....

3. Bruton
2. Kearney
1. Ashmore

Feel very sorry for the girls. For one reason or another the team hit the wall 4 or 5 weeks ago. Not sure if it’s travel fatigue, if other teams have worked us out or if it’s something else. Nevertheless, the girls have worked hard and played hard. I’ve enjoyed watching them in the blue and white.

To win the hit outs 42-11 and lose the centre clearances 4-10. That’s just about the game right there.

Stanton was an absolute butcher. Disposal and awareness abhorrent.

Mentioned it a few times over the course of the season. It's definitely something she needs to work on. Gets to the right places and then butchers it regularly. Not ideal when she's one of the side's main ball winners.

F***ing ridiculous conference system. Was either you or us that made it into finals - neither deserved to not play finals. Next week we'll play AWAY against a team that has won 2 or 3 fewer games than us. Genius system! North still clearly finished 3rd overall. Expecting to win easily next week against a B team and then a tough game against Adelaide in Adelaide for the GF. Has to be better than playing them in Darwin again though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missed the finals yeah? Form slumped steadily over the past 3 weeks. Thumped in the last two games.

Where are all the retractions from the media about getting too many concessions when we built this team?

And from opposition supporters?

Nope. Crickets.

Missed the finals yeah? Form slumped steadily over the past 3 weeks. Thumped in the last two games.

Where are all the retractions from the media about getting too many concessions when we built this team?

And from opposition supporters?

Nope. Crickets.
You did get too many concessions.
You’ve blown the flag and now you want an apology? Always someone else’s fault isn’t it.

You did get too many concessions.
You’ve blown the flag and now you want an apology? Always someone else’s fault isn’t it.

Seriously, you came here to post that drivel??? I can't comprehend that sort of mental midgetry.

the question now is: how many on this "super star list" will be around next season?
I think/hope that most will. We need Ash Riddell back badly. Most of the girls seemed to get a decent run. I think the Haines twins would have been disappointed not to get a bit more of a go.

We really need a second ruck or a tall marking forward, essentially another Emma King and a powerful ball winner like Erin Phillips/ Kiara Bowers. I think some of the other teams were too strong for our girls.

Clearly need more midfield depth, and another marking lead up forward, Garner can’t do it all on her own.

Bruton was good yesterday, Kearney busts her arse but when someone sits on her it obviously effects her output. Some inside depth would be handy.

Backup ruckman? Would allow King to play at FF all day

There is a certain irony in the fact Caro was feral about North being a super team, and then they don't make the finals. LOL. Cows look to have a mortgage on it.

Don’t worry you guys have a super team. Just timed your run wrong. Maybe trained too hard too early? Crows timing is perfect. Stick with them. My early tip for next years flag.

And now Freo, who lost only one game, have to play their PF against Carlton, at Carlton’s home ground. Ludicrous (would have been the same if we’d won this round, except at least it wouldn’t have been an interstate game) and so half-baked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back