Autopsy AFLW Round 8, 2022: St.Kilda v Gold Coast

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Suns

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

From 11.30 min they discuss both our games, including showing the footage from the incorrect 50m penalty against GWS and the time keeping issue.

Maaaaannnnn...... so much crap to digest there. I'm not surprised the 50m penalty was paid to Parker, she had been diving, throwing her back and playing for free kicks all match. And then Pepa Randall running up to Shierlaw after the siren to stick the knife in, what a crass individual... In my day that sort of thing would've kicked things off.

Then the extra 23 seconds. "The Saints have accepted the AFL's explaination". I don't know why this world has a hard time apologising. I'm a forgiving guy, just apologise for the stuff up and losing us 4 points and we can move on. But no, we have to go and knock on their door only to hear an explaination.

"Mistakes happen, it's just unfortunate it happened at this time of the match".... Yeah, not so unfortunate because it happened yet again three days later against us... can you imagine if Perkins kicked a goal from that ruck free kick the umpire invented? The women's scoreline margins are generally close, and the umpires have little room to be "unfortunate". If they could stop being "unfortutnate" against us that would be great.

Rhi Watt has torn her ACL.

At 34, this could be career ending.

A big spirit around the club. She was even jumping around on one leg singing the song haha. If she does call it a day then I hope she announces it this week and we can give her a big send off at RSEA Park.

A big spirit around the club. She was even jumping around on one leg singing the song haha. If she does call it a day then I hope she announces it this week and we can give her a big send off at RSEA Park.
She is definitely a heart and soul type. So often over the past few years, we've needed 2 of her - one for the ruck and one for defence. Going to be really tough to replace her.

If its the end, I'm also glad she would have ended on a win.

She’s been my favourite Saint from the womens team the entire time. The way she goes about it on field putting her body on the line or going to wherever needs help. As well as her energy in the media and onfield

From 11.30 min they discuss both our games, including showing the footage from the incorrect 50m penalty against GWS and the time keeping issue.

There’s been a few cases of this in the last few years. Fortunately it’s only been a matter of seconds, but what if there was no score and the ball continued in play for some time - the added time could start to be minutes.

Of course, now that the league has seen it cost us a game they’ll start thinking “we can’t let that happen to Geelong or Essendon - better fix the problem”.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

FWIW Shierlaw's awesome running goal from the pocket that was taken off her for running too far, it was 13 steps. The umps just don't have a feel for the game. I know she's tall and the rule is 15m, but no one pays that. Cripps runs 30m without bouncing and the umpires turn a blind eye.

Can't make this stuff up. Just watching his first match of the Community Series and Cripps has run at least 20+ metres (18 steps) and kicked the goal... do you think the umpires paid a free kick against him?? But they take away a massive (legal) goal from the bottom side in a low scoring competition. Foolishness.

Back