Autopsy AFLW Round 9, 2022 (S7): St.Kilda v Port Adelaide

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Power

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The girls looked relieved rather than ecstatic post-game. I think they'd correctly set themselves to win that and realised that their wayward kicking nearly cost them. Not sure Xenos madly playing on off half back into the corridor with 30secs to go was the right move, but it all worked out in the end.

Shierlaw outstanding playing the Skunk role behind the footy late. GP's best game for the year.

I lost count of Shierlaw's contested marks. Massive. Port were playing outside the rules all day, the umps only started spotting them towards the end. Still couldn't hold back Shierlaw.

Xenos was everywhere, 13 tackles. One of the most aggressive players we have, and an electric turn of pace.

Jakobsson a wall down back yet again. One of the league's best defenders. Priest was steady back there as well, as was Stevens who attacked everything hard. Ott gets better each week especially with the body work, has a good leg and chooses good options, one of my most improved.

Patrikios showed signs of her mojo returning. Stuart a pain in the arse for the opposition every week. Vesely was good until injured.

Good to get another couple of inaugural wins, for Jolliffe and Nalder. I was looking forward to seeing Friend in attack, but it didn't eventuate.

Stress.
Should have put them away early, but lacked the goal sense of port.
Why isn’t matin playing? Missed her ability to snag.
So many missed opportunities.
The ones that annoying me are the grubber snaps. Ok that’s fine and perfectly sensible to an empty goalsquare…
Not when there is 16 people in it!

A wins a win though, hooray!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back