Women's Footy AFLW Season 2022 - [C(Aine) feel that it's (Tighe)me?]

Feb 18, 2014
Victorian Cheer Squad
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Leyton Orient, Peel, Glory, MU, TCU
Down two goals to zip five minutes in. Seriously rusty start - WC looking pretty sharp by comparison.

Give Firefox a try if you have it btw, I've always found AFL.com.au/club broadcasts struggle with Chrome for some reason (they endlessly buffer in and out) so I keep a copy of Firefox just to watch those.

Feb 18, 2014
Victorian Cheer Squad
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Leyton Orient, Peel, Glory, MU, TCU
2.1 to 0.0 at QT - we've been really average. None of ours really merits a positive mention so far - Turbo with about 53 clearances, but then continually channeling her inner Danyle Pearce; Runnalls getting a good bit of it and showing endeavour, but her disposal needs some work.

This handball game they are trying to get moving has potential to open up some breaking out the front of the stoppage clearances but I don't like how much the ball is touching the grass.

I suspect the team will try and slow the game down a bit this quarter to control the game a little bit. This constant moving footy outside the stoppages does not work for us.

We are ineffective in the ruck. Blake Acres would be really there as far as controlling space, leap and directing the ball to advantage.

Edit - Strom is getting involved a lot around the ground

Last edited:

rgauci

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 16, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
DOCKERS
I think people underestimate how much talent we lost in the off-season. Sharp, Duffy, even Gooch. Gonna be hard to hold ground and we were barely a finals team come the end of the season. I’m not convinced this team is a flag contender this year.

Back