Women's Footy AFLW Season 2022 - [C(Aine) feel that it's (Tighe)me?]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not even sure the AFL has nailed down the compensation pick system for players yet.
There’s no way we deserve it, especially considering the carnage over there.
But it would be hilarious if we got a pick in the draft ahead of WC.

I’m still of the mind they need the first 3-4 picks this year.

There’s no way we deserve it, especially considering the carnage over there.
But it would be hilarious if we got a pick in the draft ahead of WC.

I’m still of the mind they need the first 3-4 picks this year.

We might be in the position where we can swap their first pick of the WA draft to pick up the mad Freo supporter ourselves and give them the second, third and fourth picks in the draft.

We might be in the position where we can swap their first pick of the WA draft to pick up the mad Freo supporter ourselves and give them the second, third and fourth picks in the draft.
They’d be stupid to do that. Ella is so far above everyone else, she’s be a chance to go 1 overall.

So it just may happen the way their list mgmt team has gone.

They’d be stupid to do that. Ella is so far above everyone else, she’s be a chance to go 1 overall.

So it just may happen the way their list mgmt team has gone.

Exactly, if she is adamant that she wants to play for freo eventually and they can kick start their rebuild then we are paying a draft price up front to save getting her later.

After the headline I saw about Duffy unlikely to come back for next season this would be devastating re Ebony and Kara...

A lot of teams getting impacted by the expansion clubs as you'd expect... how is it though that I haven't heard a peep about Melbourne losing any players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paywalled so I couldn't read the article... Just went by the headline 😕
Two-time Dockers leading goalkicker Sabreena Duffy is unlikely to return to Fremantle next season after undergoing foot surgery. The 22-year-old was moved to Fremantle’s inactive list ahead of the 2022 season after receiving a promotion with her employer the Department of Justice.

Despite taking time away from the game, Duffy was initially hopeful of returning to football once she had achieved a greater work-life balance. But with the season set to be shifted to August, Duffy’s manager Alex Saundry of More than Management said it was doubtful she would add to her 25 game and 30 goal tally in season seven.

Duffy underwent foot surgery earlier this year to correct a lingering injury and has been recovering since. The reigning Lou Knitter medallist has attended a handful of training sessions at her WAFLW club Peel Thunder, leaving the door ajar for a state league return later this season.

While fellow inactive forward Ash Sharp has recaptured her goalkicking form after giving birth to son Spencer in November, kicking 12 goals in nine games for Swan Districts. Fremantle already have four list spots to fill after losing winger Steph Cain to AFLW expansion club Essendon. Tiah Toth and Ann McMahon have not been offered contracts for next season and Jasmin Stewart has decided to step away from footy

I don't think you could pay people to follow a training plan half as strenuous as that required for elite sport. That's before the diet and drink limitations and standards are considered.

Elite standards suck. And then if you get injured too much you lose your job.

Unfortunately AFLW is in the stage, like almost all semi professional women's sports, where they expect the dedication of a full time, 24/7/365, professional but pay them for three months of the year doing that.

We need to build these habits in children from very early in school, regular exercise habits and team sport involvements. Obviously some just will not be interested and that's fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back