WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
What compensation did we receive for Gemma Houghton?

masai tu

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
One of the 8 players the new clubs can poach from other clubs for free. If 8 players went to the expansion clubs came from us, we’d get a compo pick, but nothing for just the two (Houghton and Cain). So far.

IP, that does not seem unfair.

My memory is a bit foggy, but when we had expansion teams in the men’s, the new teams obviously poached players from other teams. I’m sure that the club losing players, received some compensation.

The new teams need players, but I think a 2nd round pick could be offered for each of the 8 players taken.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
IP, that does not seem unfair.

My memory is a bit foggy, but when we had expansion teams in the men’s, the new teams obviously poached players from other teams. I’m sure that the club losing players, received some compensation.

The new teams need players, but I think a 2nd round pick could be offered for each of the 8 players taken.
I get what you’re saying, but I said ‘so far’ (as I’m only Houghton and Cain so far), not ‘so fair’. 🙂

From memory we got one pick - albeit for the first WA pick - when we lost 10 players to WC. No way we get a second round pick for each player lost.

Last edited:

kranger

Club Legend
Nov 30, 2006
Kalamunda
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan District
If future AFLW seasons are expanded out to 17 rounds (like the players association wants), where would you want to see the home games played?

All at Freo Oval like currently?
Move to Freo HQ in Cockburn?
Split games between Freo Oval and Cockburn?
Have one game at each WAFL ground?
Take some games to regional towns?
Move to Leederville Oval and share it with Eagles AFLW and collectively with East Perth and Subiaco upgrade the venue?

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
If future AFLW seasons are expanded out to 17 rounds (like the players association wants), where would you want to see the home games played?

All at Freo Oval like currently?
Move to Freo HQ in Cockburn?
Split games between Freo Oval and Cockburn?
Have one game at each WAFL ground?
Take some games to regional towns?
Move to Leederville Oval and share it with Eagles AFLW and collectively with East Perth and Subiaco upgrade the venue?
Fremantle Oval.

Optus Stadium for Derbies.

Anybody know why we aren't involved in this? Seems like it may be a good opportunity for a senior player to transition to coaching if they wanted to go down that path.

Lisa Webb moving back to Melbourne. Totally understandable given Marc moved back last year.

And with Bowen from WCE gone, we slip to pick 4.... Could end up even worse with the Kelly sisters wanting out of WCE as well...
Man what is this absolute bullshit? They can trade in front of our pick but we're not allowed to trade in front of their picks?

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Still haven't done the Gore trade and its final day tomorrow I think?

Hopefully she just walks to the draft and West Coast don't pick her, doubt WCE will pick someone who doesn't want to be there, they can't afford to do that with their list

Still haven't done the Gore trade and its final day tomorrow I think?

Hopefully she just walks to the draft and West Coast don't pick her, doubt WCE will pick someone who doesn't want to be there, they can't afford to do that with their list
Done now. Welcome aboard Nikki!

Tundrawolf

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2007
The Den
AFL Club
Fremantle
1655710841460.png

Wouldn't surprise to see Roberts do the same.

Back