Women's Footy AFLW Season 2022 - [C(Aine) feel that it's (Tighe)me?]

Remove this Banner Ad

What a shi.t show off-season for FreoW

Good people leaving. Talented people being let go. Deadwood being kept on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wouldn't be surprised if we had a shocker season.

Absolutely hate this increased player movement crap going on in this league.

Could it be something as simple as Duffy not being able to get to Cockburn from her job and WC being more convenient and flexible with training hours.

Can see how we might hold our ground with some improvement from players who missed or struggled with injury last season (improved fitness) as well as a couple of youngsters previously drafted getting more game time.

Tuhakaraina, Franklin, Roux, Seth and Wielstra should all have better contributions next season.

Could it be something as simple as Duffy not being able to get to Cockburn from her job and WC being more convenient and flexible with training hours.

Can see how we might hold our ground with some improvement from players who missed or struggled with injury last season (improved fitness) as well as a couple of youngsters previously drafted getting more game time.

Tuhakaraina, Franklin, Roux, Seth and Wielstra should all have better contributions next season.
I'm not sure that she's in great physical shape.

And lack of compensation for feeding other teams
It's the worse... Have now lost Cain, Houghton, Duffy, MacLachlan and what did we get in return? Nikki Gore, who I've never heard of and like the 4th pick in the WA draft... It's messed up.

Theoretically she has entered the open draft so we could pick her, guess time will tell us what the deal is
No way the Eagles don't pick her up before us, would be crazy not too. I get she isn't in the greatest of shape but the talent she has always made up for it.

Duffy is only 22. Has played 25 games and kicked 30 goals. Numbers don’t lie. These stats are elite.

FreoW management is garbage.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duffy is only 22. Has played 25 games and kicked 30 goals. Numbers don’t lie. These stats are elite.

FreoW management is garbage.
How is the management garbage? She doesn't want to be an AFLW player by her own admission

WTF are we supposed to do, hold a gun to her head??

Potentially nominating to be part of a top up pool? Or SSP if things change for her? Looking for the bright side here…
Yeah I actually think this may be the answer now, AFLW lists are quite small and we can sign and play injury cover players like Mikayla Western,

Duffy may have nominated for this reason

The AFL has built a lot of list concession around prior nomination for a draft, but more specifically having nominated but not being selected.

If I were Duffy's manager I would be advising her to nominate for the draft for two reasons:
  • That if she is picked up we can argue that they knew her work situation and Duffy will make all efforts to fufil the contract contact hours - but she expects to be paid
  • That if later circumstances allow a different perspective on AFLW then being able to be selected without being drafted could be an option and this would facilitate it

I still think the Eagles have told her they don't care what condition she is is and will work around it, similar with other players they have in their forward line..

and Mikayla Morrison should be back!

Hmmm, what the hactual f***?!?! If Duffy ends up at the Eagles I think I may sit out watching Season 7. I thought the sole reason she was 'delisted' was because she "couldn't" football at the level anymore due to mental health and the struggle to balance work commitments and her footy?

Jesus, can today be anymore lame...Colorado lost when they could have won the Stanley Cup, the boys lost and lost poorly and now this. It's my best mate's birthday today - huge happy birthday to him - but me thinks June 25th can go and get farkedddddd!
South Freo lost to - nay, were hammered by - the weagles seconds, just to add to the pain. Even you Old Easts supporters must prefer a fellow Freo team to win over the weags. I know I would. 💔

Back on topic now. Have a listen to Neroli Meadows podcast ep with Sabreena. It was from before all this, but makes for good listening.

South Freo lost to - nay, were hammered by - the weagles seconds, just to add to the pain. Even you Old Easts supporters must prefer a fellow Freo team to win over the weags. I know I would. 💔

Back on topic now. Have a listen to Neroli Meadows podcast ep with Sabreena. It was from before all this, but makes for good listening.
do you have a link IP?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back