Women's Footy AFLW Season 2022 - [C(Aine) feel that it's (Tighe)me?]

Remove this Banner Ad

To me it appears that WC has been in her ear & convinced her to change her mind & nominate. Amazing what a bit of positive attention & what have you got to lose mentality will do for a person, especially when there are some dollars involved.

What expecting players to be in good shape and not lowering standards?

Good shape and standards have delivered so many Premierships for this FreoW team.

I’d say talent and runs on the board should count when giving a player a list spot (which Duffy has).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Duffy does get picked then I'll be stoked if its in the first 3 picks, lets someone slide to us

If training standards are actually the issue (just speculation on here) then we shouldn't want her, I've already thought we have had issues with training standards compared to the better teams in Adelaide and Melbourne, without naming players as its a part time gig, I'm sure others have the same feelings with the same players.

I feel like she won't get picked but it is weird for her to nominate

Good shape and standards have delivered so many Premierships for this FreoW team.

I’d say talent and runs on the board should count when giving a player a list spot (which Duffy has).

Look at the premiership teams from the last few years in Brisbane and Adelaide, and could look at Melbourne as well.

I didn’t see any players out there in the same poor condition as Duffy, and you could throw Houghton into that category over the last two years as well.

Look at the premiership teams from the last few years in Brisbane and Adelaide, and could look at Melbourne as well.

I didn’t see any players out there in the same poor condition as Duffy, and you could throw Houghton into that category over the last two years as well.

And yet Houghton played every game possible, so how high were our standards? I don't know the answer to that but you've sort of contradicted yourself with using Houghton as an example to why delisting Duffy was the right call.

From my observation, we were happy to play both Houghton and Duffy whenever they were available and whatever condition they were in. Unlike Houghton, Duffy rarely let us down when she did play.

Re the examples of Brisbane, Adelaide and Melbourne, they were more talented and more fit than us over the last 2 years imo. And, for what it's worth, better coached.

Last edited:

Just heard a story about a NFL manager who passed on a talent player who could party all night and rock up the day and have a great performance. The problem was that he would bring 6 teammates out partying with him and they would s**t the bed the next game.

If you lower the standard for one person, it causes issues with the playing group.

And yet Houghton played every game possible, so how high were our standards? I don't know the answer to that but you've sort of contradicted yourself with using Houghton as an example to why delisting Duffy was the right call.

From my observation, we were happy to play both Houghton and Duffy whenever they were available and whatever condition they were in. Unlike Houghton, Duffy rarely let us down when she did play.

Re the examples of Brisbane, Adelaide and Melbourne, they were more talented and more fit than us over the last 2 years imo. And, for what it's worth, better coached.
What are you on about? We were noted for our fitness and often finished games all over the top of the opposition. We did have a pretty young side. I also think some could be getting a little obsessed on body shapes.

Houghton was going through a very hard period with the loss of someone close to her, her training standards only dropped for the one season and now she has left anyway

will be interesting if the Duffy to Melbourne rumours are true

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back