AFLW AFLW Season 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like Brisbane just lost arguably their most important player in key defender Kate Lutkins to a leg injury. Would be a massive boost for us if she isn't able to play in the QClash at Metricon in two weeks from now.

Adelaide are currently beating the Lions for anyone that's wondering.

Looks like Brisbane just lost arguably their most important player in key defender Kate Lutkins to a leg injury. Would be a massive boost for us if she isn't able to play in the QClash at Metricon in two weeks from now.

Add to that their best key forward Dakota Davidson just injured herself as well. Going to be really tough for the Lions without those two players.

The Lions are down by 11 points at halftime but this one could easily turn into a blowout due to Brisbane's injuries.

As they were not on injury list I would assume they were still not fit after covid bout. I read somewhere we had 2 players in covid protocols on Sat, one was Groves-Little.
It was Tori and Danckert.

Perry was in Mackay though so maybe she was just left out? She’s a good player though so should be on the team if fit

Players leave protocol but are physically just not ready possibly.
This is very possible. Watching end of the stars game, Zampa and Joe Clarke looked cooked at the end, like they hadn't slept for a week after coming out of Iso yesterday.

So it could happen to footy players too. Everyone is a bit different.

This is very possible. Watching end of the stars game, Zampa and Joe Clarke looked cooked at the end, like they hadn't slept for a week after coming out of Iso yesterday.

Yes, I forgot which AFLW team decided to rest one player despite she came out of covid protocol and was eligible to play. She was not physically ready.

Essendon had like 20 players missing today on return to training. Most teams missing 5-15 players. No info on Suns.

You almost want Omicron run through teams before season starts. But then it does not mean players can't catch it again. It will be fun season. Depth will be critical.

Got my booster today. So far so good, just a tiny pain in the arm.

Yep could even explain how we ran out of legs. When the girls were in isolation for a week, it does hamper preparations I guess

Yep could even explain how we ran out of legs. When the girls were in isolation for a week, it does hamper preparations I guess
I don't think it was too bad. We just chased the tail all the game. We got to fix the middle otherwise it will be a long season. Yorston, Single should help the team.

Eagles actually played well basically for 3 quarters against Freo but then fell off terribly. It will not be easy.

Yes, I forgot which AFLW team decided to rest one player despite she came out of covid protocol and was eligible to play. She was not physically ready.

Essendon had like 20 players missing today on return to training. Most teams missing 5-15 players. No info on Suns.

You almost want Omicron run through teams before season starts. But then it does not mean players can't catch it again. It will be fun season. Depth will be critical.

Got my booster today. So far so good, just a tiny pain in the arm.
Yeah, pies had 17 missing. I counted this morning lol Some of them I knew about, you can find signs on social media. Some I didn't. Most should be out in the next couple days.

Only about 200 people since the start of the pandemic have caught it twice, so while it can happen, it's not as common as some think. Also may be one thing to get delta then to get Omicron, but I wonder, can you get Omicron twice? Who knows. Hopefully we won't have to find out

You get moderna? I had the sore arm for a couple days.

I don't think it was too bad. We just chased the tail all the game. We got to fix the middle otherwise it will be a long season. Yorston, Single should help the team.

Eagles actually played well basically for 3 quarters against Freo but then fell off terribly. It will not be easy.
I didn’t think either. I was incredibly pleased and proud of the girls efforts. They really tried and gave it their best shot. Unfortunately they didn’t win buoy the effort was there and that is what we want to see!

agreed on WC, they played some good footy early then fell away. I think we should rate our chances though given the game isn’t In Perth. Hopefully Jaq and Lucy are back for the game and that will Give us a boost!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, pies had 17 missing. I counted this morning lol Some of them I knew about, you can find signs on social media. Some I didn't. Most should be out in the next couple days.

Only about 200 people since the start of the pandemic have caught it twice, so while it can happen, it's not as common as some think. Also may be one thing to get delta then to get Omicron, but I wonder, can you get Omicron twice? Who knows. Hopefully we won't have to find out

You get moderna? I had the sore arm for a couple days.
Yes, Moderna. First 2 doses Pfizer. I was worried as after 2nd dose I struggled for 3 weeks as I got some cold virus at the same time when I got the shot. I woke up today with just a bit more sore arm. Happy. Interestingly, Moderna booster (half original dose) have still more mRNA than Pfizer first 2 doses each.

Yes, infection by itself gives decent protection but nobody really knows for how long and to what level. Some experts suggest strong protection for one to several months. You may still get virus but no symptoms at all similar to most infections that are asymptomatic (around 80% I believe). It's a actually interesting, we have now around 100K case per day with most of them had symptoms and got tested. It could be up to 500K infected per day if we include people with no symptoms who don't know they got virus. Just hoping in Feb numbers go down and we return to a bit more normal settings. Just feel for vulnerable people with underlying conditions, immunocompromised, elderly and of course medical staff.

I feel players should be now tested only when they have symptoms. Daily nasal swaps even for RAT is just too much I think. I feel for them. Maybe one RAT test per week. I can imagine players who had covid, have no symptoms and still could have a positive test in 3-4 months and still have to sit out.

Just one more thing on covid to share. I am originally from Czech Republic. At the moment, they do RAT testing at schools 2x per week. Price for one test is $0.84 covered by government. Compare that to min $10 here if you could buy it from pharmacies. Just hopeless governments.

Last edited:

She definitely won't be playing. It's been confirmed ACL (along with Bri Davey and Huntington - Awful in one weekend) and Dakota Davidson 4-5 weeks with a foot sprain

Yes, Moderna. First 2 doses Pfizer. I was worried as after 2nd dose I struggled for 3 weeks as I got some cold virus at the same time when I got the shot. I woke up today with just a bit more sore arm. Happy. Interestingly, Moderna booster (half original dose) have still more mRNA than Pfizer first 2 doses each.

Yes, infection by itself gives decent protection but nobody really knows for how long and to what level. Some experts suggest strong protection for one to several months. You may still get virus but no symptoms at all similar to most infections that are asymptomatic (around 80% I believe). It's a actually interesting, we have now around 100K case per day with most of them had symptoms and got tested. It could be up to 500K infected per day if we include people with no symptoms who don't know they got virus. Just hoping in Feb numbers go down and we return to a bit more normal settings. Just feel for vulnerable people with underlying conditions, immunocompromised, elderly and of course medical staff.

I feel players should be now tested only when they have symptoms. Daily nasal swaps even for RAT is just too much I think. I feel for them. Maybe one RAT test per week. I can imagine players who had covid, have no symptoms and still could have a positive test in 3-4 months and still have to sit out.

Just one more thing on covid to share. I am originally from Czech Republic. At the moment, they do RAT testing at schools 2x per week. Price for one test is $0.84 covered by government. Compare that to min $10 here if you could buy it from pharmacies. Just hopeless governments.
Only thing that I got extra (apart from the sore arm) with my 2nd shot of Pfizer was some chest pains. For what felt like weeks, it hurt to breathe in and had to hold my chest to sit up after lying down. But it went away.
But with Moderna -- it was a different kind of sore arm. Was just at the point of entry, but with Pfizer, I couldn't even lift my arm too high.

I agree, players and staff should only be tested if they have symptoms. And people in general. We should get to a point where if you feel sick, stay home. Like you would if you have the flu. Especially since we're now focusing on hospitalisations/ICU rather than case numbers.

Yeah the $$ of RATs comparisons in different countries, we look like fools at charging what we do. It should be the cost of something you'd find in the chemist. No more than $5. Some countries have them free. The federal government can afford it, and its the least they can do after their slow rollout with the vaccine.

Things have gone from bad to worse for Brisbane's AFLW team. After losing their two best key position players to injury, they have now had their round 2 match against Carlton cancelled and will play the Bulldogs at an undefined date in the future. This is due to having too many of their players enter Covid-19 protocols this week and being unable to meet the league requirement of 16 primary listed players and give train-on players available to play this weekend.

It'll be interesting to see if this impacts them next week when we are due to play them in a home QClash at Metricon. I would guess there's a reasonable chance that some of their primary listed players will either still be positive on game day or will test positive between now and then.

So our girls could be facing a very compromised Brisbane team next weekend.

Things have gone from bad to worse for Brisbane's AFLW team. After losing their two best key position players to injury, they have now had their round 2 match against Carlton cancelled and will play the Bulldogs at an undefined date in the future. This is due to having too many of their players enter Covid-19 protocols this week and being unable to meet the league requirement of 16 primary listed players and give train-on players available to play this weekend.

It'll be interesting to see if this impacts them next week when we are due to play them in a home QClash at Metricon. I would guess there's a reasonable chance that some of their primary listed players will either still be positive on game day or will test positive between now and then.

Good news for us!

Yes I am. It’s really bad weather. The hottest weather I’ve ever experience before. My sunnies fog up when I go outside
Really?

It’s not the heat, it’s the humidity.

I’ve been in Melbourne when it was 39 degrees (long before you were born). Didn’t really notice the heat, because there was no humidity. Actually got quite burnt, because we didn’t think it was that hot, and spent the day walking around St Kilda.

It’s also very possible we play the Bulldogs mid week, if both teams have enough players available by Wednesday.

So we could be playing you off a short break.

It’s also very possible we play the Bulldogs mid week, if both teams have enough players available by Wednesday.

So we could be playing you off a short break.
I can't imagine any team in the AFLW would perform very well coming off a two day break...

Will the game at least be played in Queensland?

The Suns game would be pushed back to Sunday.
Seems reasonable. It's still a short break.

Also, St Kilda's AFLW team doesn't look very good. They've been belted twice now by 38 points in round 1 and 27 points in round 2. It's likely to get even worse for them next week when they face Melbourne. We have them the following week at Metricon and that certainly looks like a winnable game to me.

Seems reasonable. It's still a short break.

Also, St Kilda's AFLW team doesn't look very good. They've been belted twice now by 38 points in round 1 and 27 points in round 2. It's likely to get even worse for them next week when they face Melbourne. We have them the following week at Metricon and that certainly looks like a winnable game to me.
We don’t play them until end of Feb

Remove this Banner Ad

Back