AFLW Toast AFLW season 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately no Hawks in the AFLW All-Australian squad announced today.

Still hopeful of Jas Fleming in the Rising Star though. The Hawks media team are certainly playing it up.
In all fairness, it wasn't a good season for the hawks, but thought Akec and Gillroy would've made the squad at least

Congrats to TLR on her B&F win. Gilroy second and Flemo third.

2022 Hawthorn AFLW best and fairest Top 10

1. Tilly Lucas-Rodd (83)

2. Aileen Gilroy (740

3. Jasmine Fleming (71)

4. Kaitlyn Ashmore (56)

5. Lucy Wales (55)

6. Tamara Smith (47)

7. Charlotte Baskaran (46)

8. Akec Makur Chuot (38)

9. Catherine Brown (32)

10. Jess Duffin (31)

10. Tahlia Fellows (31)

2022 Hawthorn AFLW best and fairest club award winners

Rising Star: Jasmine Fleming

Most Improved: Tahlia Fellows

Most Courageous: Tamara Smith

AFLW Club Person of the Year: Tamara Luke

Gold Standards Award: Aileen Gilroy

Goal of the Year: Akec Makur Chuot

Mark of the Year: Ainslie Kemp

I went to the best and fairest on Thursday.
A fantastic event put on by the club.
Was really good to have a longer chat to the girls. We have been to most things this season, and the aflw has really made us feel part of the club.
Had some of the players introduce their families to us personally, and Laura Elliot even took around the menu/table caller and had all the girls sign it for us.

Also had a nice chat with a couple of the women from the media who were there. Let's just say, the noise coming from the fans regarding the set-up of the commentary (particularly) at 7 is being heard, and to keep making noise because only then will things change

After party got interesting, and the kick-ons, we'll, let's just hope that the photos are not passed around the media!

Congrats to TLR on her B&F win. Gilroy second and Flemo third.

2022 Hawthorn AFLW best and fairest Top 10

1. Tilly Lucas-Rodd (83)

2. Aileen Gilroy (740

3. Jasmine Fleming (71)

4. Kaitlyn Ashmore (56)

5. Lucy Wales (55)

6. Tamara Smith (47)

7. Charlotte Baskaran (46)

8. Akec Makur Chuot (38)

9. Catherine Brown (32)

10. Jess Duffin (31)

10. Tahlia Fellows (31)

2022 Hawthorn AFLW best and fairest club award winners

Rising Star: Jasmine Fleming

Most Improved: Tahlia Fellows

Most Courageous: Tamara Smith

AFLW Club Person of the Year: Tamara Luke

Gold Standards Award: Aileen Gilroy

Goal of the Year: Akec Makur Chuot

Mark of the Year: Ainslie Kemp
Those top 4 women were our best, TLR, Gilroy, Fleming and Ashmore were consistently top tier players for us all season, Wales was great for us also covering for Luke who looked like a big loss early in the season, loved the endeavour from Fellows, a pregnant Duffin? and Smith at times during the season to really inspire a few exciting wins, it was a great first season with a lot to build on for next season.

Disappointed Dominique didn't get another chance.
Thought she took a bit of time to settle, but the rd 10 game she stepped up and almost snagged us the win with a couple of big plays.
Surprised that Baird looks like she's going around again. She was chronically injured, and looked lost in her only outing - couldn't get a game either in rd 10 despite all our outs

Thinking more about it too, Sarah Perkins got dropped from a team where she was the only tall forward.

Really baffling delisting. Seems it's rattled a few of the players too based on the posts I'm seeing on socials

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it's a strange one. Not that social circles mean much in list management, but Dom seems close to Stephenson and TLR also.
I'm a bit biased on it myself, I adored her. If it was merit based, I don't see how she is delisted.
She was always front and centre for everything, always trying to help her teammates off-field. A real club person

On field she showed more than some (despite limited minutes - often only coming on with 5 mins to go in quarters)

If it's list structure, hawks already had lost a few players to retirement, and with no school-age draft this year, I don't see the need for a delisting.

My biggest concern though is bec may lose some players because of this move

Disappointed Dominique didn't get another chance.
Thought she took a bit of time to settle, but the rd 10 game she stepped up and almost snagged us the win with a couple of big plays.
Surprised that Baird looks like she's going around again. She was chronically injured, and looked lost in her only outing - couldn't get a game either in rd 10 despite all our outs
Don't know how the CBA works for the AFLW, but perhaps Baird may have a two year contract given she has moved interstate from the GCS?

Carbone and Porter not offered new contracts. Four departures this off season so far with the retirements of McCarthy and Duffin.
Losing some quality people, but bringing in some of the best talent from one of the best teams in Brisbane is exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back