AFLW Suns AFLW Season 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

28 players locked in (including Ransom who was put on inactive list). So that looks like only 2 players can be taken in the draft as max list is 30 players, I believe.

Interestingly, Levi sisters seems not to be on inactive list.

28 players locked in (including Ransom who was put on inactive list). So that looks like only 2 players can be taken in the draft as max list is 30 players, I believe.

Interestingly, Levi sisters seems not to be on inactive list.

They aren't named in the squad or, inactive or not. Interesting.

Yeah, it looks like the club listened to me and cut the inactive spots cord.
Had to haappen especially if they couldn't get a definite when they were coming back. Its like waiting for the phone call from an ex that may never come. Gotta cut the cord and move forward

Had to haappen especially if they couldn't get a definite when they were coming back. Its like waiting for the phone call from an ex that may never come. Gotta cut the cord and move forward
Especially when before last season they publicly said they will play for Suns and only a couple of weeks later re-signing with rugby. I felt like they just used Suns to get better contract.

Especially when before last season they publicly said they will play for Suns and only a couple of weeks later re-signing with rugby. I felt like they just used Suns to get better contract.
Can't keep hoping.. when will it be enough? When will they be satisfied with rugby then to focus on footy? Other cross code sports people find a way to do both. Ash Brazil has competed in the games and done aflw. She did take the 1 year off, but otherwise, she always came back.
With this taking so much of their time, reckon they were told to make a choice.

There are plenty of girls who would love to be on an aflw list, so if its not something they want right now, then so be it. Cut the cord. If they want to come back later, they can go into the draft again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was known a couple days ago.

Better than not being picked up by anyone. No matter who its for.
my point was it was odd to see her not offered a contract by us in the first place, as she was such an important figure in our backline.
and now we're just giving up another great talent to the already stacked lions!!! ffs.

my point was it was odd to see her not offered a contract by us in the first place, as she was such an important figure in our backline.
and now we're just giving up another great talent to the already stacked lions!!! ffs.
Yeah for sure. Not ideal. Them getting her only hinged on them losing those players they had.
Yeah she did her ACL, but thats no reason to give up on someone, unless you think who you are getting in will make you better.

She WAS one of the most passionate Suns supporters too

The club really needs to move on Fiona Sessarago

Can't keep hoping.. when will it be enough? When will they be satisfied with rugby then to focus on footy? Other cross code sports people find a way to do both. Ash Brazil has competed in the games and done aflw. She did take the 1 year off, but otherwise, she always came back.
With this taking so much of their time, reckon they were told to make a choice.

There are plenty of girls who would love to be on an aflw list, so if its not something they want right now, then so be it. Cut the cord. If they want to come back later, they can go into the draft again.
They won’t go through the draft though. They can be signed as free agents, or rookie’s from another sport, as they’ll have spent 3 years out of AFL.

First sister combination on the active list at the same time?

Worth pointing out that Darcie captained the U17 Queensland state netball team last year and definitely had the chance to pursue opportunities elsewhere but chose to stick with us instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back