AFLW Toast AFLW Season 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

After a pre-season trip to Cairns, the leadership group for this season has been announced

TLR returns as captain
Emily Bates and Jasmine Fleming are joint VC
Tamara Luke, Catherine Brown and Louise Stephenson form the other members of the group.

What a rise for Flemo!

After a pre-season trip to Cairns, the leadership group for this season has been announced

TLR returns as captain
Emily Bates and Jasmine Fleming are joint VC
Tamara Luke, Catherine Brown and Louise Stephenson form the other members of the group.

What a rise for Flemo!
That's an impressive leadership group for a fledgling club, and I love that Jas has that much respect as a teenager to be a vice captain. It speaks well of her future with the club.

the hawks preseason games will be challenging

Saturday, August 12
Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs at Kinetic Stadium, 1pm AEST

Saturday, Aug 19
Melbourne v Hawthorn at Casey Fields, 2:05pm AEST

Saturday, August 12

Saturday, Aug 19

Entire season is rough, but it's good.
We were never going to win it all this year, so going up against the best and seeing what we need to work on is great

Saturday, August 12

Saturday, Aug 19
They've said the Melbourne match will be streamed but I haven't seen any confirmation that the Bulldogs game will.

More something for Season 2024.

Midfielder (Laura) Stone and lightning small forward (Alyssia) Pisano both play for Eastern Ranges, which is in Hawthorn's academy zone. They are regarded as two of the most talented 18-year-old players in Victoria.

I know Stone impressed for the VFLW Hawthorn side this year - would be good to add her to Hawthorn's list once she is eligible and bypass the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i know frankston is being seen as a base, i would've liked 1 melbourne game, even at waverley or somewhere, somewhat closer.

Only sort of right:

In - Wales, Everist, Elliot
Out - Perkins, Fellows, Smith

I think structurally the team looks a lot better, I think it makes the forward line more clear. I do think though that Bulldogs will have an easier win than The Other Team last round did.

More something for Season 2024.

I know Stone impressed for the VFLW Hawthorn side this year - would be good to add her to Hawthorn's list once she is eligible and bypass the draft.

Appears Stone and Vukic (key fwd) will get pre-list offers, with Stone at least a monty to accept. Alyssa Pisano will go into the draft and decline our offer, preferring the 'experience' of going into the mix. She will have to be selected the conventional way if HFC prefers her at our first pick to any other eligible nominees.

Appears Stone and Vukic (key fwd) will get pre-list offers, with Stone at least a monty to accept. Alyssa Pisano will go into the draft and decline our offer, preferring the 'experience' of going into the mix. She will have to be selected the conventional way if HFC prefers her at our first pick to any other eligible nominees.

Stone would be the number 1 pick, so I'd be ropeable if I was one of the other clubs. We benefit, so it is fantastic!

Unsurprisingly Akec retiring . Press release reads like she won’t play ang further games this season (in squad but last three named on the bench for Sunday)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back