AFLW AFLW Season 4, 2020 - Mega Thread

Gold Coast showing why they should've stuck with the top 3 of each conference in the finals series. Woefully out of their league here.
It's like us last year - scrape into finals by virtue of the system

Consecutive years have shown the flaws in the conference system and its impact on the finals - get rid of the conference system, make it a longer season where you play each team once and then have the finals from a top 4 or top 6

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
It's like us last year - scrap into finals by virtue of the system

Consecutive years have shown the flaws in the conference system and its impact on the finals - get rid of the conference system, make it a longer season where you play each team once and then have the finals from a top 4 or top 6
They need to scrap the conference system next year and just let them play everyone once (13 round season). Top 4-6-8 (top 4 is my choice until the standard and growth kick in more) whatever is best for finals.

Agree or disagree with the rankings in this article? And if disagree, who would you change:

Ranking the original 16 marquee players (from 16 - 1)
16. Moana Hope (COL/NTH)
15. Kellie Gibson (ADE/FRE/WCE)
14. Renee Forth (GWS/ADE)
13. Katie Brennan (WBD/RIC)
12. Sabrina Frederick (BRI/RIC)
11. Emma Swanson (GWS/WCE)
10. Melissa Hickey (MEL/GEE)
9. Emma King (COL/NTH)
8. Darcy Vescio (CAR)
7. Kiara Bowers (FRE)
6. Brianna Davey (CAR/COL)
5. Kara Antonio (FRE)
4. Tayla Harris (BRI/CAR)
3. Daisy Pearce (MEL)
2. Chelsea Randall (ADE)
1. Ellie Blackburn (WBD)

Full synopsis in the below article

Congrats Liv

when is the 22 selected.
I voted 85 times and had to make 85 different gmail account to do it.
She better get in LOL

Go Catters

when is the 22 selected.
I voted 85 times and had to make 85 different gmail account to do it.
She better get in LOL

Go Catters
Team will be announced at the w-awards but no idea when that'll be - this is the current advice

The AFL is finalising arrangements for the W Awards and will provide an update to media once arrangements are confirmed.

More from Daz's girl

Im gonna go ahead and say it.

Shes our AFLW Selwood.

I know its a massive call and with some bias - noted - but she's that good and the ceiling is really really high for her.
So glad she's getting reocognition for her work and she can only get better from here too.

Awesome work and much praise to her.

Go Catters

I nearly said, 'congrats Daz's girl'

I always refer to her as Daz's girl. ;)

It's good to see how much the AFL side helps out their AFLW counterparts. We have Tom Stewart as an assistant coach, Purcell seeking out Nigel Lappin's advice, and Renee Garing mentioned on the Podcast that Tom Atkins has been working with her as she transitions from a midfielder to a forward. I'm sure there's plenty more that we don't hear about either.

Back