AFLW AFLW Season 5, Mega thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to watching Williams

It's a bugger about Brown, and Caris I understand but not sure I totally agree with...

Caris is a latecomer to the game, definitely a project player, and long term she may not make it but she's also our only genuine backup ruck option behind 33yr old O'Connor. If we are genuine finals contenders this year then I can see reason to keep her out of the side, but I'm not sure if we are genuinely a chance to play finals and wonder if looking forward (next year, year after etc) if we would be better pumping 7/8 games into Caris and see if there's about development across the season

It would also be a good indication if we instead need to look at alternative ruck options in either the draft or via a trade, because not sure how many years O'Connor has left

I want to be wrong, but I just don't see anything in Caris that makes me think she will make it at this level.
From what I've seen from her so far, she has been a liability and shown no signs of improvement.
O'Connor and Boyd as backup for me this year. Pump games into Barber, Skinner and others as key forwards and go hard after a ruckman in the trade / draft period.
If one of Boyd or O'Connor goes down bring her in, but otherwise let her develop in VFLW for the next year or 2.

Noticed they said on the coverage tonight Maddy Prespakis has played 17 AFLW games already - don't think she's missed a game since debuting. I wonder if there wasn't the rule where players could nominate which region they got drafted in if we would've picked her, and if so, if we'd have picked her instead of either Nina or Daz's girl.

Noticed they said on the coverage tonight Maddy Prespakis has played 17 AFLW games already - don't think she's missed a game since debuting. I wonder if there wasn't the rule where players could nominate which region they got drafted in if we would've picked her, and if so, if we'd have picked her instead of either Nina or Daz's girl.
Nina was #1, Sophie DH was #2 and Daz's girl #7

I don't see things changing in terms of Nina still being taken with one of our first 2 picks, but thinking we change our choice with the second pick

We then cross fingers that Purcell is still there at #7

I want to be wrong, but I just don't see anything in Caris that makes me think she will make it at this level.
From what I've seen from her so far, she has been a liability and shown no signs of improvement.
O'Connor and Boyd as backup for me this year. Pump games into Barber, Skinner and others as key forwards and go hard after a ruckman in the trade / draft period.
If one of Boyd or O'Connor goes down bring her in, but otherwise let her develop in VFLW for the next year or 2.

I'm not sold on Caris either, but think the club has to work out if they view her as a long term player or not

Boyd is one I'm also not sold on - now 27, into her 5th year at this level and watching her last week I don't think I've seen any improvement in her from our first game. I've also found her to be a liability once the ball hits the ground as her lack of pace takes her out of the contest once the ball hits the deck

I'm hoping that the inclusions of Williams & Barber help our forward line dynamics, or at least have presence once the ball hits the ground unlike what we saw last week

Her and Nina would've gone #1 & #2, no doubt at all - still would've had the picks to nab Purcell, too - Sophie VDH might've been the one to slide.

Pumped to see Williams and Barber make their debuts, the forward line really needs a shake up and these two will obviously benefit from the exposure.

I feel like I know what to expect from Williams, a little less sure as to what Barber can produce but excited to find out.

Shame about Millie Brown as cats_09 said, she was solid last week and we need to get games into her, she'll be back though.

Nina was #1, Sophie DH was #2 and Daz's girl #7

I don't see things changing in terms of Nina still being taken with one of our first 2 picks, but thinking we change our choice with the second pick

We then cross fingers that Purcell is still there at #7

Pretty sure Liv nominated Geelong only?

edit: duh, I missed the point, sorry - yeah, would be a risk if there was no nomination rule in place at the time they were all drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to see us put away that kick across the top of the 50m arc - I'm guessing it's unlikely Moloney would be kicking a goal from outside 50, so instead rather we kick it long and see if we can create some chaos closer to goal

Who has the best hands in our forward line? Dont seem able to grab anything
I'd say Boyd but the problem is that if she doesn't mark the ball then she kinda goes missing

McWilliams has her moments, but drops chest marks she should probably take; think she sometimes tries to much in marking contests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back