AFLW AFLW Season 5, Mega thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFLW RD 8 Geelong v Giants

Skills the issue again

Just too many missed kicks and half chances that dont make it

GO Catters

Cranston with duck eggs to half time. When are we going to work out she's not a forward and keep her in the middle?

On CPH1701 using BigFooty.com mobile app
She does not chase out of F 50

If there aint a chance of a sausage, she's out.

GO Catters

Love the passion Barber plays with.
Already my favourite player in the team.
the other half of my 2 Livs... and i totally agree

GO Catters

All those stoppages and they oick out the free lol

Got what ti deserved.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why didn't McDonald or anyone just throw the ball on the boot rather than looking for the handball option and putting someone else under pressure

That cant be free - GWS took 3 out of the ruck earlier and got tackled and no free against.

Then Caris does the same thing and gets pinged.

Just miserable inconsistency

GO Catters

You can see little things here and there (e.g. Barber does well every time she's near the ball) but man, the lack of composure and structure just kills us going forward EVERY DAMNED TIME.

I've only tuned in with about 10 minutes to go in the match, first passage of play I saw was us bringing the ball through the middle, but not really having any forward or anyone with pace up forward who could run onto the ball

I'm liking the faster ball movement, the more direct play and stuff but feel we are missing something up forward - bring Williams back for next week, give us some additional pace up forward so that if we get fast ball movement and looking for options out the back, we may well have it

That cant be free - GWS took 3 out of the ruck earlier and got tackled and no free against.

Then Caris does the same thing and gets pinged.

Just miserable inconsistency

GO Catters
I thought it was for a ruck infringement and the umpire thinking and may have pushed the GWS gal out

Anyone notice Cranston crack it in the 3rd term when a pass to her was marked by an opponent in front of her, but she missed a target herself in the last quarter which went nowhere near a teammate?

If you're going to complain about something at least make sure you're not doing the same thing yourself.

On CPH1701 using BigFooty.com mobile app

You can see little things here and there (e.g. Barber does well every time she's near the ball) but man, the lack of composure and structure just kills us going forward EVERY DAMNED TIME.

I'd say it's almost the opposite in that we are too structured in our style and seem to be taught to play a precise style

I haven't been able to watch a lot of our last 2 matches but did watch the full match in our loss to Carlton and that seemed a totally different team to what I had seen the rest of the season

That match was much more free flowing, looking to go direct and down the middle where possible, playing on and keeping the ball moving compared with the 'take a mark, go back and try to hit up a teammate' all while trying to move the ball down the wing and just letting the opposition set up and took the ball back off us around the half forward area

Main thing we need to do next week is just tell the gals to go out there and have fun, forget the strict structure and precision game style which isn't working, and just remember why they started playing football in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back