AFLW AFLW Season 5, Mega thread

Remove this Banner Ad

cats_09

Jun 21, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Interesting to look at the leader board and see Crockett-Grills finish on 12 votes, the same number of votes she was on after 3 rounds, especially as she was the Fan MVP from our round 9 clash

Honestly thought she would have polled a bit better across the season

cats_09

Jun 21, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Geelong

MVP: Amy McDonald, Becky Webster, Meg McDonald

Best First Year Player: Olivia Barber

Most Courageous: Julia Crockett-Grills

Best Captain: Meg McDonald

cats_09

Jun 21, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Wonder which comp will take priority over winter - guessing AFLW fans would prefer it if Remmos was getting a good run in the VFLW, and especially after a good match this past weekend, but maybe she won't be pulling on the hoops as much as we'd like

If my thinking is right, seems that there's already 2 players signed up to the basketball who have been wearing the hoops, with VFLW Development player Sarah Elsworthy signing with the basketball team announced a few days ago - she does have more of a basketball background than football though. Interestingly, she moved over from Adelaide last year and signed with NEWTOWN & Chilwell in the local league, the same club that Jess Foley signed on to play with* and the 2 had played basketball together back in Adelaide

Curious to see how winter plays out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cats_09

Jun 21, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Would've thought Steph Williams would've been a better choice personally.
That's who I was thinking, but I did note Steph was omitted from our VFLW team last week and considering we only had the 6 AFL listed players in team she could have held her spot

Wondering if she's injured or maybe gone home for a break after the AFLW season because she's one I would have thought they'd want to pump VFLW games into

Remove this Banner Ad