AFLW AFLW Season 6, Mega Thread

I believe that Antonio is the early favourite with her goal from the weekend, but watching it just then I do wonder if she ran further than the permitted distance?

The Team of the Week has been announced, and after making her debut on the weekend, Prespakis has earned herself a rising star nomination, coaches votes & a spot on the bench in the team of the week

INTERCHANGE
Katie Brennan (Richmond), Anne Hatchard (Adelaide), Bec Miller (Richmond), Georgie Prespakis (Geelong), Eden Zanker (Melbourne)

Tiger bookends Brennan (12 disposals, two goals) and Miller (12 disposals, nine intercepts) took full advantage of a weakened St Kilda side.

Hatchard (26 disposals, 366m gained) took it right up to the reigning premiers, Zanker (20, 17 contested) didn't take a backwards step against the Dogs while Prespakis (20, seven clearances) had a debut to remember.

Do we win by default?

Not good for the Dogs, while also frustrating for us because while we didn't win against North, there was good signs & things to build upon with a home match this weekend

For those interested…

AFLW podcast thread open!

Go Catters

Sep 15, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong

she made such a promising debut last week, the 2-1 contest she won indicated she is a real fighter - sounds as though she can run all day, too.

I didn't see a single mention of her pre-draft, when we took her so early I wasn't sure what to make of it, but the club looks to have done really well getting The Frizz on the list.

Sep 15, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
Based on our first effort and the form other the other sides... anyone care to estimate how many wins we will tally in this season?

2-3.

Should get at least one at home, and then at least one win from our games against GC, St Kilda and Richmond.

I'd be happy with 3, 2 would be ok provided there were clear, consistent signs of improvement.

Based on our first effort and the form other the other sides... anyone care to estimate how many wins we will tally in this season?
I think a lot will depending on player availability as it's clear that covid will have an impact this season - that's in terms of both our players & the opposition

I would think that 3 to 4 wins isn't an unrealistic number, just got to take our chances

reckon we might get on the board with this game at Geelong

Probably would've against the Dishlickers as well, especially with Huntington and Blackburn out.

that was Liv? very good sign!!
Yep, looks like Liv and no noticeable strapping or bandaging on the knee - wonder how long until we see her in the senior team

Back