AFLW AFLW Season 6, Mega Thread

Can Nina still get a rising star nominee
No, because she was nominated in her first game:

To be eligible for nomination, a player must be under 21 years of age on 1 January of that year and not have been previously nominated. Players suspended during the season may be nominated, but cannot win.

4 (forced) changes for tomorrow night

Good luck to Gabi in her debut, along with the milestone gals - Maddy Keryk will play her 25th game for Geelong and Jordan Ivey will play her 25th AFLW match.

Round 2 AFLW Team
Debut: Gabbi Featherston
Ins: Darcy Moloney, Laura Gardiner, Danielle Higgins, Gabbi Featherston
Outs: Georgie Rankin, Nina Morrison, Julia Crockett-Grills, Sophie Van De Heuvel (all AFL Health & Safety Protocols)

Backs24. Maddy McMahon45. Maddy Keryk
Half-Backs16. Chantel Emonson11. Meghan McDonald (C)30. Annabel Johnson
Centreline4. Darcy Moloney41. Georgie Prespakis20. Zali Friswell
Half-Forwards22. Rachel Kearns26. Claudia Gunjaca7. Madisen Maguire
Forwards14. Chloe Scheer23. Phoebe McWilliams
Followers13. Liv Fuller21. Becky Webster3. Amy McDonald
Interchange8. Kate Darby5. Jordi Ivey18. Laura Gardiner
2. Danielle Higgins32. Gabbi Featherston
Emergencies17. Georgia Clarke1.Rene Caris

Sep 15, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
4 (forced) changes for tomorrow night

Good luck to Gabi in her debut, along with the milestone gals - Maddy Keryk will play her 25th game for Geelong and Jordan Ivey will play her 25th AFLW match.

Round 2 AFLW Team
Debut: Gabbi Featherston
Ins: Darcy Moloney, Laura Gardiner, Danielle Higgins, Gabbi Featherston
Outs: Georgie Rankin, Nina Morrison, Julia Crockett-Grills, Sophie Van De Heuvel (all AFL Health & Safety Protocols)

Backs24. Maddy McMahon45. Maddy Keryk
Half-Backs16. Chantel Emonson11. Meghan McDonald (C)30. Annabel Johnson
Centreline4. Darcy Moloney41. Georgie Prespakis20. Zali Friswell
Half-Forwards22. Rachel Kearns26. Claudia Gunjaca7. Madisen Maguire
Forwards14. Chloe Scheer23. Phoebe McWilliams
Followers13. Liv Fuller21. Becky Webster3. Amy McDonald
Interchange8. Kate Darby5. Jordi Ivey18. Laura Gardiner
2. Danielle Higgins32. Gabbi Featherston
Emergencies17. Georgia Clarke1.Rene Caris

Nina obviously a loss, Croc too - the other two are marginal selections imo - very happy to see Gardiner back, not sure why she wasn't selected last week but hopefully she'll remind the club and fans of how good she is.
Hope we see Featherston up forward rather than down back ..

Sep 15, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
Having to take on Madison Prespakis and Lucy McEvoy is bitter, as we were in arm's length of having access to both of these guns prior to their respective drafts.

This is an important game for the club; if all the reported hard pre-season and change in personnel and attitude is to amount to anything then we really need to nail it against team's like Carlton at our own home ground.

Morrison gives us a bit of hardness in the middle and she will be missed, but I think we can cover her loss if Bec Webster steps up from last week's so-so effort - she took a couple of rounds to get into things last season and I'll back her in to have an impact this week.

Was hoping Liv would be in after that speccy she took at training. Obviously getting her 100% cherry ripe before unleashing her on unexpecting backlines.
happy to see Liv is close... but also happy to make sure she is cherry before going out there.

If it takes 2 more weeks.... so be it. Its the long tern view for me with her. Serious talent and want her to on the list for a very long time.

GO CAtters

standupand

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2019
Meanjin
AFL Club
Geelong
Anyone know if you can access the match replays anywhere online like with the aflm on the website? I can only properly watch a game of footy once kids are in bed! Hoping it's a good game tonight. Go cats.

Anyone know if you can access the match replays anywhere online like with the AFL on the website? I can only properly watch a game of footy once kids are in bed! Hoping it's a good game tonight. Go cats.

If you have Kayo you'll be able to watch the replay - I did the same last week as I was out when the game was on.

Good to hear Hock and the focus on integration of the 2 programs to get to the same level rather than just have AFLW as a n add on program.

Like the equality of it all the resources the club has available.

GO Catters

Interesting that Hock wants to get the Falcons and AFL Barwon a pathway thru to AFL and AFLW with the added facilities in regards to the new facility development they revealed at the AGM.

I have no issue getting the Falcons closer to the club.

Mullin - will he or wont he.... He tested positive for Covid so stayed at home which is why he aint here yet... but it sounds like they are trying to keep him but Hick says he'll be here.

CS contract only got some lose ends to tie up and the deal will get done very soon.

CS top 3-4 of coaches in AFL. Changes made to support and challenge him and that will be good for the club.

Go CAtters

Back