AFLW AFLW Season 6, Mega Thread

2E just got nude and running around the club.

Kearns from 40 m out.

GO Catters

I hope he gives himself a small pay on the back for his work with Kearns over the preseason

Need Phoebe McWilliams to present a target up forward in the second half. Hasn't been sighted yet.

She also had a chance late in the first quarter to impact the contest or at least try this to halve the loose ball, but instead of attacking the ball or going with a tackle she went with a bump which the Blues player bounced off of and kept going

There's no doubt that Barber is a future key player, so when she returns you'd think it's likely Gunjaca who'll make way, but if McWilliams isn't a regular contributor, should her spot be under pressure instead? Gunjaca is only 24, she's definitely had a better presence today than last week and maybe that's where we look to the future with that selection

Feb 21, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Need some composure and skill kicking into 50.
If only AMac could hit a target by foot.

What a find Kearns is. How can you not love the way she plays.
Possibly Darby's best game for the Cats.
Friswell needs her body to catch up with her mind. Smart player and in a few years time I think we could have a special player.
I like Gunjaca, plays a tough position, needs time.

Also liking what we're seeing from Featherston on debut - she's been known more as a forward but is playing in defence tonight and isn't taking a backward step

I know that last play wasn't ideal, but hope that doesn't play on her mind too much and that she continues to attack

Id be more than happy with Liv and Gunjaca.

GO Catters

My opinion, for a veteran player to hold their spot in the weekly side they have to be out performing the younger players and doing enough to retain their spot

If it's a toss of the coin situation I hope we back in the youngsters - we're not going to win the flag this season, so while we don't just throw the veterans to the side, especially as we will have those deserving of a spot, let's also back in those players who we'll be seeing in the hoops over the coming decade

PzBlinky

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Also liking what we're seeing from Featherston on debut - she's been known more as a forward but is playing in defence tonight and isn't taking a backward step

I know that last play wasn't ideal, but hope that doesn't play on her mind too much and that she continues to attack

There you go - that was some mark...

Drunkcat

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2018
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong

And after that mark she should be in the foward line

And after that mark she should be in the foward line

And hopefully we'll see her given a run up forward sometime this season, but I'm thinking that tonight her role down back is more so due to the loss of Rankin & Van De Heuvel

Thinking with the covid/AFL Health & Safety Protocols, we'll likely be seeing players in not necessarily their usual role at different times this season, based just on playing needs - thinking of those not available this week, Barber is the only forward who comes to mind, but there's a few defenders out

standupand

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2019
Meanjin
AFL Club
Geelong
Just tuned in. Hard to believe we haven't put more on the scoreboard. Some great tackles and aerial contests in that quarter. Just need to know when to go for goals and when to try work one more pass i50 by the looks of things.

Piss off. Had a tackle like that down the other end in the 2nd term which was paid as a dangerous tackle. That one was holding the ball apparently. Get some consistency you flogs.

Back