AFLW AFLW Season 6, Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Even though there's been a clear change in game style this year, good to see we haven't dropped off the pressure that we've worked on in past years - it's all about getting the balance right

Darby needed to get that on quicker then. Was almost Henry Playfair vs Port in 2007 like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, we've butchered some half-chances inside and just outside 50 tonight.

Just some average decisions or poor skills and their outside game is just too good for that.

I know some of those errors are from more senior players, but it's also a sign of our inexperience - 9 players with less than 8 games

We just need to pumping games into the next gen and watch them grow together as a team

At least we're not being blown out of the water this season. We're doing well defensively - just need to polish up our disposal and connection with the forwards.

Kearns is my new favourite GFC player - reminds me a lot of Max Rooke.

Can we play her in the AFLM side? She goes harder than most of them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hope Liv Barber's in next week. Having Barber, McWilliams and Gunjaca as marking targets will hopefully cause us to move the ball on quicker than we were tonight.

Disappointing loss.

Maddie Prespakis is the best player in the comp; she is a natural, I watched her U/18 national champs games a few years back and even then she just knew where to go to make the biggest impact for her team. Unbelievable game sense; she's the Diesel Williams of the Women's comp.

We're lucky to have picked up Emonson, she's exactly what we need more of; she's physically slight but she is quick and uses the ball better than anyone else in our team, beautiful kick.

Really pleased to see Gunjaca bounce back so strongly after a tough debut game last week; she played with plenty of vigor tonight.

Kearns is a kamikaze at the contest; careful not to knock out your team's best player though Irish!

Gunjaca was very good. Like you guys, I want to see feathers up forward, and play Scheer deeper forward too.
Rankin was a big loss. This fast rebounding style tonight would have suited her.
Kearns is unreal. She is destined to take out at least 3 random players per game, and may the odds be ever in Geelongs favour.

Geez, we've butchered some half-chances inside and just outside 50 tonight.

Just some average decisions or poor skills and their outside game is just too good for that.
It feels like we've thrown our best players down back and are just trying to generate lots of movement off half back even if it goes no where.

Very entertaining football.

I have not seen a lot of AFLW football live, as I did last night, and so do not yet understand all the nuances of their style/method so what comes next might not be of any interest. But.

Our biggest deficiency IMO was a lack of attention, after a Carlton free kick or mark in defence or midfield , given to opp. players running past and receiving easy handball. This allowed unimpeded running to deliver the ball and easy exit thru the middle of the ground. Same with kick ins- players unmarked (or poor zone).

Our biggest strength. Marking. Clearly dominated in the air. Some very strong hands augers well in a young squad.
But we will need more run and carry to complement this.

Also

Why is their no camera shooting out of the Hickey stand toward a very appreciative audience . Would add so much more "colour" to the TV spectacle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back