AFLW AFLW Season 6, Mega Thread

Me: "why are ACLs so common in AFLW?"

AFLW:
Screenshot_20220120-090120_Twitter.jpg

Round 3 AFLW Team​

Milestones: Julia Crockett-Grills, Maddy McMahon, Chantel Emonson (25 AFLW games)

Ins: Nina Morrison, Julia Crockett-Grills, Sophie Van De Heuvel, Georgie Rankin, Rene Caris

Outs: Annabel Johnson (AFL Health & Safety Protocols), Chloe Scheer (managed), Danielle Higgins, Georgia Clarke, Laura Gardiner (all omitted)

Backs24. Maddy McMahon45. Maddy Keryk
Half-Backs16. Chantel Emonson11. Meghan McDonald (C)10. Georgie Rankin
Centreline9. Nina Morrison41. Georgie Prespakis27. Sophie Van De Heuvel
Half-Forwards22. Rachel Kearns26. Claudia Gunjaca6. Julia Crockett-Grills
Forwards8. Kate Darby23. Phoebe McWilliams
Followers13. Liv Fuller21. Becky Webster3. Amy McDonald
Interchange5. Jordan Ivey32. Gabbi Featherston4. Darcy Moloney
1. Rene Caris20. Zali Friswell
Emergencies18. Laura Gardiner2. Danielle Higgins

Pretty strong inclusions there.

Wonder if Kingy was on the money on the podcast re. Chloe Scheer and she's being rested because the knock in Round 1 affected her more than we realised.

It's a shame covid protocols are likely going to cause havoc over the short season and we will see players weekly out I'd imagine, but just need to hope our opposition cop it worse each week!

I've enjoyed Johnson so far, she's impressed me with her ability to play above her size and half a contest.. Shame she misses but really just one out all things considered isn't the worst result. Good ins as well

Higgins is as cooked as her brother

Drunkcat

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2018
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong

Wonder if Kingy was on the money on the podcast re. Chloe Scheer and she's being rested because the knock in Round 1 affected her more than we realised.
I was stunned that Scheer played i would have thought any knock too the head in W/AFL would be a week off,

I was pretty staggered she was allowed back on in the first place.

I know Ivey's early kick into our 50m didn't go to a teammate but disagree with the commentary notion that it didn't favour us - not sure she really had a clear option, so kicking it to the pocket as she did with it going out of bounds for the reset, actually seemed smart play

Back