AFLW AFLW Season 7, Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Was going to say same thing, when is the draft, when does the season start, has anyone been delisted
We're one of the few teams to not have made any announcements

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a similar time next year as too this year and we start to get more info about February as a guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're one of the few teams to not have made any announcements

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a similar time next year as too this year and we start to get more info about February as a guess

For season 7 Maddy McMahon and Samantha Gooden were inactive and Kalani Scoullar was a topup, depending on the rules Scoullar may be able to replace one of this years 30 whether through delisting or retirement.

Gooden's pregnancy (announced above) would reduce her chances of playing in season 8 but as far I understand she would be counted in the 30 players maximum unless delisted.

The CBA needs to be finished and trade. draft and season dates confirmed before clubs will want to make final decisions on fringe players.

Which suggests other clubs have made a call on who they feel were a long way off being fringe players for next season.

A real pioneer of the women's game - we may not have seen her at get best during the AFLW era, but across 12 years at Darebin (starting as a 16 yr old) she played nearly 200 games and won 10 premierships

And this seems fitting to post here, especially with both now retired

A real pioneer of the women's game - we may not have seen her at get best during the AFLW era, but across 12 years at Darebin (starting as a 16 yr old) she played nearly 200 games and won 10 premierships

Onto the next chapter after being one of THE driving forces in pioneering AFLW.

All I'll say now is, Welcome to the Cattery Dais'! :D

Real recognizing real...

Yep right at the end of the article :) :

"Pearce has already secured a coaching position at Geelong, and expects to start at the Cattery later this year"
Thanks. Very good move by the club. She will have an a completely different insight having come from a background of pre-AFL women’s football, as as well as reaching the top of the professional game.

Handy stat, that. As we know, though, the real improvement for us is starting to come together going the other way. Get our mid-forward connection happening and we can look at being a real threat in this competition in coming seasons.

This factor alone cost us our finals game in S7. So hopefully the group is steeled to really work on that going into 2023.

🤨

Blicavs earned a late call-up for the Opals at the Tokyo games and performed well on her Olympic debut.

But she said she is open to following her brother, Geelong All-Australian utility Mark, into football later in her career, with the Cats at the top of her list of destination clubs.

At 188cm, Blicavs would clearly be a good fit as a ruck or key position player on an AFLW field.

The 29-year-old gave a firm “no comment” when asked if she had been recruited by the Cats.

“I’ve definitely heard from a few people about that and you know what, it might be on the cards at some stage but right now I think I just want to try my best to make another Olympics and then I can think about playing on grass rather than a basketball court,” she told SEN.

The swap from hardwood to grass could allow Blicavs to extend her sporting career given the softer surface.

“You run on grass and your knees don’t hurt and your ankles don’t hurt, your back doesn’t hurt but you run on a basketball court and I am just forever sore,” she said.

“I feel like the surface is definitely better, but in saying that, in basketball we don’t get tackled as hard that is for sure.”

Time to move discussion to our 2023 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back