1664177822050.png

VOTES PLAYER (CLUB)
10 - Amy McDonald (GEEL)
7 - Rebecca Webster (GEEL)
6 - Georgie Prespakis (GEEL)
3 - Shelley Scott (GEEL)
3 - Chloe Scheer (GEEL)
1 - Meghan McDonald (GEEL)

I watched the replay of the grand final this afternoon on Fox, and afterwards they showed highlights of the AFLW match from Thursday night. Looking at them back to back like that, it was almost like the girls were playing a similar style to what the guys did a couple of days later.

I watched the replay of the grand final this afternoon on Fox, and afterwards they showed highlights of the AFLW match from Thursday night. Looking at them back to back like that, it was almost like the girls were playing a similar style to what the guys did a couple of days later.
Did you go to the supporter day yesterday?

I'm not sure if there's a clip anywhere, but before the guys were introduced to the crowd they had Hocking on stage and he turned his focus to our AFLW team & reminded fans that we still have a team playing their season & to get behind them

He then spoke about our win on Thursday night, specifically mentioning the second quarter, (paraphrasing this) - "the second quarter is the best quarter we've played in our AFLW history. It's the way we want play, it's the Geelong way"

Would love to get the full clip

Does a suspension rule her out of the Award?
Not sure in terms of the AFLCA award, but missing two games in a 10 game season would likely impact the likelihood of one winning it

Tonight's the first time I've really been able to see the Prespakis tackle - they didn't show a replay at the ground on Thursday night. It looks a pretty innocuous incident compared with some of the incidents we see during games

1 forced change this week

Round 6 AFLW Team​

Ins: Mia Skinner
Outs: Georgie Prespakis (suspension)

Backs2. Annabel Johnson26. Claudia Gunjaca
Half-Backs16. Chantel Emonson11. Meghan McDonald (C)10. Georgie Rankin
Centreline9. Nina Morrison (VC)6. Julia Crockett-Grills1. Mikayla Bowen
Half-Forwards15. Shelley Scott5. Jackie Parry4. Darcy Moloney
Forwards8. Kate Darby14. Chloe Scheer
Followers13. Olivia Fuller21. Rebecca Webster3. Amy McDonald
Interchange20. Zali Friswell18. Laura Gardiner45. Maddy Keryk
19. Brooke Plummer25. Mia Skinner
Emergencies17. Georgia Clarke29. Kalani Scoullar44. Melissa Bragg

Has there ever been a story on why she left the cats?

Not that I've seen but others may have some inside knowledge as to the situation - she took a break ahead of last season and then asked for a trade; I'd hope that she didn't find it a negative or toxic environment within the club where she felt she had no option but to move

Not sure of her situation outside of football, such as studies & if being Melbourne based worked out better for her sort of thing

I wonder with Mia Skinner back and Shelley Scott playing forward whether we'll push Scheer into the middle more to take Prespaskis' place in the centre, or if we'll give Gardiner and Moloney more of a run in there.

Back