AFLW AFLW Season 7, Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheesh at 190cm she will be one of the tallest rucks around won't she? I base this off just looking up the heights of Sharni Layton and Lauren Bella (Suns) who I know are both huge from memory... and she has them covered, let's hope she can play.. makes sense now letting go of that other young girl who was in the ruck (her name escapes me now unfortunately)

Won't expect too much this year, but if she shows promise and develops as the season goes this could be a really astute pick up

Sheesh at 190cm she will be one of the tallest rucks around won't she? I base this off just looking up the heights of Sharni Layton and Lauren Bella (Suns) who I know are both huge from memory... and she has them covered, let's hope she can play.. makes sense now letting go of that other young girl who was in the ruck (her name escapes me now unfortunately)

Won't expect too much this year, but if she shows promise and develops as the season goes this could be a really astute pick up

You mean Renee Caris?

Yeah, Gooden's an interesting one - plus while she's coming in pretty raw, she played in the SANFL women's development league (or so the article said), so not a complete newbie. Wonder if they'd had her on the radar when making those list cuts.

You mean Renee Caris?

Yeah, Gooden's an interesting one - plus while she's coming in pretty raw, she played in the SANFL women's development league (or so the article said), so not a complete newbie. Wonder if they'd had her on the radar when making those list cuts.
That's the one! I just had a complete mental blank

Don't know if she's still on their list or not, but Rene Caris' sister Maggie was on Melbourne's list this year, and she's 191cm, so she just pips Gooden. Erin Hoare who used to play for us was 194cm, so she's probably the tallest AFLW player thus far.

It's not just her height, but she looks a bit more solid through the core and that she maybe won't be too easy to push around either - especially once she starts getting experience under her belt

Caris who we delisted a couple of weeks back, had the height but she still looked to be on the slighter side of this, and you could see her not always be able to hold her own against stronger opponents

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How old is Skinner..?

Looks older .
She is slightly older - we originally drafted Mia in the 2019 draft, with her coming out of the Falcons program, but she spent her initial two years on our list in the medical rooms, battling with injury, something she seems to have overcome now

A key reason for re-adding her this draft:
As the deputy vice-captain of the Cats VFLW side in 2022, Skinner proved dangerous around goal, kicking 21 majors and taking out the club’s leading goal kicker award.

She is slightly older - we originally drafted Mia in the 2019 draft, with her coming out of the Falcons program, but she spent her initial two years on our list in the medical rooms, battling with injury, something she seems to have overcome now

A key reason for re-adding her this draft:
As the deputy vice-captain of the Cats VFLW side in 2022, Skinner proved dangerous around goal, kicking 21 majors and taking out the club’s leading goal kicker award.

Why no early picks ?

Why no early picks ?

These are our picks: 33, 42 & 55, which equate to 18,23 & 31 among Victorian clubs.

We originally had pick 17 (Vic pick 8), but through trades and acquisition of players we ended up with the above

Remove this Banner Ad

Back