Connar

Team Captain
May 29, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Fremantle AFLW Team.
With the Prelim final between the Dees and Roos now underway and the Season 7 Grand Final being played next week, lets take a look at what the Season 8 Ladder will look like:

1. Melbourne
2. Brisbane (Premiers)
3. Adelaide
4. Fremantle (Runner-ups)
5. Richmond
6. North Melbourne
7. Gold Coast
8. Collingwood

9. Geelong
10. Western Bulldogs
11. Essendon
12. Carlton
13. Greater Western Sydney
14. St Kilda
15. Hawthorn
16. Sydney
17. West Coast
18. Port Adelaide

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
ok heres mine for aflw8:

all groups in no order as well

top 4:
collingwood to bounce back team to watch getting some guns back as well like davey etc....
melbourne they won the flag
brisbane again they will be solid
north they are looking good again

next 4:

dogs time they got back in there
geelong they will be the big risers from afl7
tigers again to continue of from aflw 7
crows time for a dip but still make finals in afl7

just miss finals:

carlton they will start to improve from afl7 but still miss
gws same as blues
suns same as blues
power same as blues

bottom 4:

essendon
west coast
swans
hawks

Too many variables at the moment, we don't know when the season will start, how it will look and how many rounds will be played. And these could all have an effect on the draft, whether the Irish players can return and if an increase in the playing list will be required.

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think its time for Nicole Livingston to move on and time to step down.

need a new change at the top to drive the AFLW.

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
yep need a fresh face for the aflw and nicole is old and need a younger face there and whos actually played the game too not just a swimmer.

Never thought Nicole knew anything about footy and should have stuck to swimming.

Thinking of a past player in that first aflw and now has retired.

My tips Daisy Pierce or someone like this.

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bit of a joke its not till oct 2023 for next aflw.

Either have it in Feb or early in the aflm.

The likes of Bri Davey and Bonnici now that means they would not have played a match for 2 years.

I guess they can play vflw in which i think they will.

AFLW again to be played in oct and Nov.

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
carlton arent much apart from Moody and McKay who i think is the aflw best as well apart from those 2 they dont have anyone lost presparkis who i think is a grub but still a great player and Harris.
They dont have much.
Moody though can win a game on her own boot and McKay is a handy forward and can play all around the ground as well.

carlton arent much apart from Moody and McKay who i think is the aflw best as well apart from those 2 they dont have anyone lost presparkis who i think is a grub but still a great player and Harris.
They dont have much.
Moody though can win a game on her own boot and McKay is a handy forward and can play all around the ground as well.
I guess we have different ideas of what a grub is. Sophie Casey would be a perfect example imo.

In what world does McKay fit the description of "handy forward and can play all around the ground", beats me. Maybe you meant McEvoy, who isn't going to be able to develop her forward craft playing at FF for 15 minutes every season.

Carlton do have a more-than-handy forward though... Vimeo. Vesperco. Something like that. Plenty of talent on the list. To finish 3 spots lower than an injury-plagued GWS was serious underperformance.

Nicole has no excuses to not put up a FULL FIXTURE
I think its time for Nicole Livingston to move on and time to step down.

need a new change at the top to drive the AFLW.
I think it's time to blow your minds: Nicole Livingstone's job is to talk to the media, meet potential sponsors, and schmooze with politicians.

Having a fancy title (fancier than "spokesperson") doesn't change that. Gill McLachlan has made every major decision re AFLW. Hence it is his replacement that is of sole interest, when considering the future of the league.

The good news is the trajectory of AFL CEOs and their relationship to women's football has gone from not knowing it exists, to ignoring it, to paying lip service, to launching a national competition. Guaranteed the next one will be a step up yet again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Only way for Carlton to improve is to bring back Tayla harris but i doubt shell come back now after winning a flag.

Still think its not good playing it oct and nov.

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bottom 4 i have:

West coast
Suns
Sydney
Hawthorn

Spoon is out of either Hawthorn or Sydney these 2 are rank

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Bottom 4 i have:

West coast
Suns
Sydney
Hawthorn

Spoon is out of either Hawthorn or Sydney these 2 are rank
Bullshit. Suns will make finals. We were one game short this year. Will make the next step. Why doesn’t anyone ever give us any credit (men or women) I’m so over it. So so so over it… 😡

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
yep gathered you were a suns fan as said hawks and swans for the spoon so i do have suns up a bit

GC will finish lower than 16th if Rowbottom leaves, which is possible.

But they would be a chance of making finals if they steal another player of that calibre.

Hence this thread is dumb. About as dumb as believing they ever looked like making finals last season, despite their easy fixture.

They were a very poor team in 2022. Lots of lazy players, tactically inept coach. Another rabble that couldn't beat an undermanned GWS.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
GC will finish lower than 16th if Rowbottom leaves, which is possible.

But they would be a chance of making finals if they steal another player of that calibre.

Hence this thread is dumb. About as dumb as believing they ever looked like making finals last season, despite their easy fixture.

They were a very poor team in 2022. Lots of lazy players, tactically inept coach. Another rabble that couldn't beat an undermanned GWS.
Rowbottom is not leaving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back