Women's Footy AFLW Season Seven

Remove this Banner Ad

Tighe, Franklin, Roux is looking good for the future. Just need a couple of pacy small forwards.
Still not 100% sold on Roux, she bobs up to do something speccy, then disappears for too long. I’d like to see her play a better four quarters before I think she’s better than just an average player. Please, please, please prove me wrong Roxy.

Still not 100% sold on Roux, she bobs up to do something speccy, then disappears for too long. I’d like to see her play a better four quarters before I think she’s better than just an average player. Please, please, please prove me wrong Roxy.
Hasn't been the same since the injury. Hopefully, it is just that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m surprised out of a possible 18 votes, only one went to a WC player (Lewis) after a fairly tight game for most of it. I mean sucked in, but still thought it strange.
Thought Lakay should have polled better, monstered strom, took some big grabs.

Maybe the tool votes away when she gave away the game

Thought the girls played aright. It was a tough assignment, W/C are much improved and brought some early heat. We withstood it and slowly crept into the game; got some good passages happening. Mim to her credit did some good things, she also made a few blunders, like trying to quickly handball whilst on her knees, but I can see what the intention was, getting the ball out to runners and trying to create overlap, just poor execution, but you can't fault the effort - it was there. Overall, I feel like the players bit by bit are finding their feet; Tighe again - magnificent, I thought Orlaigh Lally played well for a young Irish girl trying to find her feet here, she's been a bit underwhelming to this point, but she had so little time to transition into the game and even the country - so her game went to a new level which will help her going forward. Miller just execeptional, in the thick of everything. Defensively - quite solid, repelled a lot of attacks and generally moved the ball well off the backlines. Cuthy looks a bit rusty but you'd expect that after her recent injuries...Pugh 's a bit clumsy below her knees but her kicking and decision making is generally good. Em Driz, apart from that loopy nervy kicking style is just one tough nugget defender with seriously good attributes. If she had a Nathan Wilson-esque kick she'd be one of the best players in the comp, hands down.

Franklin - some good signs. Showing the goods to possibly come, I was impressed by her showing. But man, Roux - especially before that big contested grab, I was thinking did someone steal her, clone her minus all the talent and just return the clone?! She's gone awol since 2020, probs the biggest disappointment.

Overall though, despite the low-scoring outcome - thought the game was pretty good, a lot of heat and contest and some of our ball movement, whilst nowhere near perfect was better and certainly there was a better thought out method (at times) to what we wanted to do. Always good to get the choccies (at this stage you just want the 4 points and some girls get to experience the winning feeling for the first time..), and to keep the winning streak against the enemy (!) alive!!

I thought Mik West played a decent game too. I would have had her second best behind Lewis for them.

I think Quazar summed it up pretty well. Thought our standouts were Miller and Turbo of course, but Tighe was great, Lally is definitely showing some good signs, Drisco is such a dependable defender - in fact the whole backline stood up and held the line from that early onslaught by them. Franklin is going to be a player, Kauffman is a bull, Verrier is all class, and I thought the cool heads of Pugh, Stannett and Seth kept some of the younger girls settled. And FINALLY - we held on to some good marks. That’s been a clear weakness over the start of this season.

Maybe not this year, but I can see that there will be improvement to come from within the group over the next year or two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back