Women's Footy AFLW Season Seven

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m surprised that Freo didn’t put her and Kara on the inactive list tbh.

Kara is miles away - only training here and there from what I saw
I meant to ask if you know what’s happening with Kara. There’s been no news on her progress in rehab, she looks to be straight into coaching as Taylor said. It looks pretty certain she’ll hang up the boots at the end of the season and be appointed as a FT assistant.

Franklin has confirmed with me that Madizen Wilkins is your train on player

Interested to see how she goes- she’ll be drafted this upcoming draft I believe

Didn't realise our injuries list was so long that we need train on players. But it is a good thing now. Try some (well 1) new players at that level, season is gone anyway.

Didn't realise our injuries list was so long that we need train on players. But it is a good thing now. Try some (well 1) new players at that level, season is gone anyway.
Only problem is we play them, like Mikayla Western, and then West Coast can get them in the draft.

Need to revert back to do what you do in kids footy, just swap the back 6 with the front 6, it couldn't be any worse than what it is so far

Pies have been so lucky with the non htb calls, 2 in the last few mins in freos fwd line not payed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFLW has far too many stoppages, need to reduce the number of players and pay holding the ball a lot more as players just grab it and hold it until a pack forms

We drop uncontested marks, miss players by foot in clear space. Handball into open space in panic, opening space for the opposition. Fumble ground balls and then kick it out of bounds.

These aren't coaching issues. We need women on our team who are the daughters of ruckmen and have spent their childhoods competing against their older brothers and dad, developing a huge chip on their shoulder to outwork them.

Clean with their hands, smooth with their moves and surgical with their use.

What is this numpty of a coach doing and he’s not the only one how about keeping the semblance of a fwd structure instead of flooding the opposition fwd line so there’s something to kick to, there’s plenty of effort but *all skills learn the basics before trying to implement some complicated game plan where the skills aren’t up to it, it doesn’t help when commentators use words like elite and champions to describe the woman's game.

West Coast has only played one game against a top 8 team, and we have played 6 games against top 8 teams.
this rigged draw is a farce

AFL obviously set it up so the good team vs the good teams to try and even out the competition but now that we dropped off a bit, we are way lower than we should be

Realistically we probably sitting in 9th or 10th but we are all the way down at 17th, its pretty wild actually

Remove this Banner Ad

Back