AFLW State of Origin - Collingwood watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope Mo lose her one on one strength.

Reckon with media appearances and Melbourne locking her up, we would have little chance.
Actually there are few knowledgable speakers around the women's league. Haven't heard 'we are taking it a week at a time' once.

I do realise Daisy would be hard to drag away from Melbourne - just trying to think like the Collingwood of old :$ Supposedly Alicia Eva is one of the better minds in the women's game but we lost her to GWS.

Hopefully our rep ladies enjoyed their match and we take hone the big prize this year.

Go Maggies

Reckon with media appearances and Melbourne locking her up, we would have little chance.
Actually there are few knowledgable speakers around the women's league. Haven't heard 'we are taking it a week at a time' once.

We were thinking the same while watching the game. The two male commentators - rudely I've forgotten their names - have heard them before and they are excellent. Really do their homework, know all the women, know their backgrounds and their home teams. Plus they are very good at calling the game. High standard stuff.

As for Hamish McLachlan. Does anyone else find him patronising? Very underwhelming.

I hope Mo lose her one on one strength.
Interesting comment. Having lost 8 kilos she seemed to go to ground often in 1-1 contests last night. Now she is lighter she needs to work on her technique in those contests.

I know she played poorly last year but she also played with an injury most would have missed most games with. A lot of the girls were amazed she kept getting up week to week.

We were thinking the same while watching the game. The two male commentators - rudely I've forgotten their names - have heard them before and they are excellent. Really do their homework, know all the women, know their backgrounds and their home teams. Plus they are very good at calling the game. High standard stuff.

As for Hamish McLachlan. Does anyone else find him patronising? Very underwhelming.

They are the 2 guys that do Ch7's VFL coverage (not that bogan Campbell Brown o_O) but their names have escaped me too.

If we really want to break up the "boys club" at CFC and get the very best people in football to our club then we should be trying to get Daisy to our club - if not as a player then in some other capacity after she finishes. Lovely person, impressive speaker and better skills/decision making under pressure than half our men's team.

She'll kill it in the media after her career ends. I'd love to see her become a major part of TV coverage. Very well spoken, thoughtful, intelligent and a star (THE star) of the game. Most of the recent ex-players that have moved into the media tick the last box and just make it up as they go along.

Interesting comment. Having lost 8 kilos she seemed to go to ground often in 1-1 contests last night. Now she is lighter she needs to work on her technique in those contests.

I know she played poorly last year but she also played with an injury most would have missed most games with. A lot of the girls were amazed she kept getting up week to week.
I missed a word I hope she doesn't or hasn't lost too much strength. Didn't know about the injury but I thought she got into good form at the end of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really like the look of Lambert, she could be great for us.

Hope looked slimmer, so hopefully she be better next year. Garner, D'Arcy and Hope can be very dangerous.

I really like Chiocci as a player, but feel she needs to do a bit more. Hoping she can get more of the ball next season as she usually uses it very well.

Disappointed to lose Eva and Stevens. Would love to find out if they left because of any discontent etc.

Disappointed to lose Eva and Stevens. Would love to find out if they left because of any discontent etc.

Agree, very disappointing, but I'm not sure we can read too much into it. The majority of players league-wise were on one year contracts, so there was always going to be some upheaval. The AFLW landscape is still forming, and there will likely be more player movement at the end of this next season.

Carlton (sadly) picked up Tayla Harris!

I met Alicia Eva and her parents at a sponsor event before the end of their season (through the BF sponsorship), and they were very happy with the club and how Alicia had been treated. I honestly think she has gone north for a better deal.

Agree, very disappointing, but I'm not sure we can read too much into it. The majority of players league-wise were on one year contracts, so there was always going to be some upheaval. The AFLW landscape is still forming, and there will likely be more player movement at the end of this next season.

Carlton (sadly) picked up Tayla Harris!

I met Alicia Eva and her parents at a sponsor event before the end of their season (through the BF sponsorship), and they were very happy with the club and how Alicia had been treated. I honestly think she has gone north for a better deal.

That's fair enough. I just hope they're developing a good culture there. I recall Eva left for GWS for coaching reasons, as she has done a lot of coaching the past. She's a terrific player, so it was a real shame to lose her.

I found it quite good. More Interested in this then the AFL Finals
Hahaha. It's terrible to watch, no game ever played has had less riding on it. I think i watched the first game Collingwood played and never again. Not until the attitude of the players changes. What are you going to do now it's finished....

Hahaha. It's terrible to watch, no game ever played has had less riding on it. I think i watched the first game Collingwood played and never again. Not until the attitude of the players changes. What are you going to do now it's finished....

I've tried not to bite back on this post...but I have no discipline. What do you mean by 'attitude'?

When is the AFLW draft? Dont we have pick 1?

P.s. its a real shame we lost Alicia Eva, she really is a good player

Think it's in October.

We have Pick 4 and 5 as we brought Lambert in that Trade

I've tried not to bite back on this post...but I have no discipline. What do you mean by 'attitude'?
From what i've heard from people at the club that know the AFLW team very well, their approach to training is nowhere near the standard required. A lot of them also believe they are better than they are. It should improve, but until then. Not a fan.

From what i've heard from people at the club that know the AFLW team very well, their approach to training is nowhere near the standard required. A lot of them also believe they are better than they are. It should improve, but until then. Not a fan.

I've heard differently about their training standards. The vast majority also work full time, and some have children. I've also heard - from one of our players - that the club does not provide dinner/food after all the training sessions, so the girls all put in their own $$$ and a volunteer prepares their food. I think the club stump up for dinner after one of the sessions.

All I'm asking for is some perspective on this. The AFLW players simply do not have the same resources afforded them, nor the same time available as the senior men. I'm not having a go at you about this, but it is not an even playing field and in fairness to footy, it should not be, at least for now. But it should be in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back