Game Day AFLW - Sunday - Final round before finals - Pies V Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Well that was very disappointing, sadly I did pick out their three best players and they didn't let me down.

Hopefully we can regroup when we meet North Melbourne.

Maybe the Injuries we had are Hurting our Depth in the AFLW Side

The Adelaide girls are massive. They must have the best weights program in the AFLW. The difference in body shape and strength between the teams was huge.

We needed to be more composed under pressure to shift the ball to the outside. And work harder in transition to find space on our opponents ahead of the ball. We played hard but did it on their terms. When we got forced down the line it got killed in the air, then we got beat at ground level with their big bodies.

It was hard to see what Symonds was saying when he still considered us a developing side, but it was clear today. I feel like we can make it to the grand final and beat anyone except Adelaide.

We need more players that can shift the ball to the outside. We've relied on the usual suspects for most of the season. The other problem looking at the TV was that adelaide had the most players wherever the ball went.

The irish girls got a welcome to real footy education, but rowe did ok after half-time. The back-line got better too.

I agree with the body shape comment, but i'm not sure a weights program is going to help some of our girls to grow in height. Each year, the girls are getting more athletic and some of our smaller girls just arent quick enough. State based clubs have better access to better athletes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back