AFLW - Victoria v Allies - Sat 2/9, Etihad Stadium, 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

The question is, why wouldn't the AFL pick two even teams. A game This is a farce. The 'allies' means nothing. Its pointless.
I dunno the answer, I'm not sure of the current spread of talent through Vic and other states, it does seem Vic have the greater talent pool for AFLW to choose from, if it's far skewed towards Vic maybe they need to do something to balance that for future upcoming Vic v Allies styled events, what the answer is I'm not sure.

SA fans distancing themselves from ''Allies''
cPl3OB.gif

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, what has this done for the womens game.? Players injured for nothing. One group playing for an Orange jumper!

Does anyone really think the AFL will do this again?
Oy
But yeah.
A spectacle and entertainment though. I understand the allies had two days together, the Crows team probably would have done better.The other teams players deserved the game.

It shows us what we all already new, if SOO was taken seriously the Vics would win everytime.

That's why it's dead & was always a joke.

The last state game Victoria played they lost. Admittedly for the first time ever, but what's changed in 2 years? You don't go from losing to WA to winning by 100 points against WA + a bunch of the best players from the rest of Australia unless something's gone badly wrong somewhere.

So, what has this done for the womens game.? Players injured for nothing. One group playing for an Orange jumper!

Does anyone really think the AFL will do this again?

I oonly watched a small portion of the match, so I cant commentate on the spectacle but a 100 point belting doesn't seem like a great way to promote the game. The exposure would always be appreciated I imagine. I wonder what the television numbers are.

The big issue I see is that the VFLW starts their finals next week, there would have been a lot of time and effort invested in the respective VFLW clubs and to have the best of the competition running around in an exhibition game the week before, with the chance of injury/fatigue etc wouldn't be very fair on the other players and staff.

Now they might say we'll take the national exposure and stuff the rest, which is a fair argument.

Can us mere mortals sit in the Medallion club tonight? Looks like no one manning the isles.
Yep, sat up there tonight, nice padded seats. Shitall legroom though, even less than the pleb seats elsewhere in the stadium.

Armrests and cupholders are a nice bonus and the personal fold out tv/tablet screen too. Not worth $1000 a year though, even if they throw in meals.

I went to the game early and I'm glad I did. The U/18 game was a ripper and the skills were far advanced on what was on show in the senior game. Once these kids come through it will be a whole different ballgame. AFLW really didn't need another exhibition game, it's a shame they played it.

It shows us what we all already new, if SOO was taken seriously the Vics would win everytime.

That's why it's dead & was always a joke.

I think seeing players getting injured or being lucky not to be out for a long time injured is a big reason why SOO is a joke.

If Harris had done her knee i'd be very pissed off to lose a player to a nothing game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back