Game Day AFLW:WCE v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Whenever people want to complain about umpiring in the AFL, direct them to a game of AFLW. The standard of umpiring is deplorable, there's supposed to be AFL umpires involved this season but all the umpires in this game look like kids. I'd happily take Razor right now.
Some of the none-calls i didnt think were possible to miss

Turn overs killing us and that will be the tale for some time until the girls get some poise and thats an experience thing.

But cant question the effort ......... loving the Kelly Sisters and their attack on the game.

Hooker has been very good as has Laurie in the ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies experience proving too much in the end. There’s a lot to like for us out there. Hooker, Cameron, Bowen, Swanson will all be great players for us. We’re still quite raw but I’m excited to see how this team can gel and grow over the season.

Fair effort first up away.

Has surprised me but then we are talking about the WCE who don’t do anything half arsed.

Will be a force next year if they can recruit a someone over 5 foot nine who can mark.

Fair effort first up away.

Has surprised me but then we are talking about the WCE who don’t do anything half arsed.

Will be a force next year if they can recruit a someone over 5 foot nine who can mark.

Gilmore is a 6ft plus forward target who’s been playing well in the lead up but was not allowed to play today because of a stupid AFLW rule technicality around injury replacements. I can’t give you the exact ruling but if it was a pregnancy replacement they can play at any time, but when it’s an injury replacement they can only play under certain restrictions.

Stay strong supports as we are going to need to be. :thumbsu:

The girls have a steep learning curve ahead of them.
Decision making was poor and that will improve as the girls come to terms with the pace of the game.

Coaches have a lot of work ahead of them , get the kick to handball ration better balanced and instruct the girls so they don't try and do to much, as more often than not when the girls got cute with the ball they got caught BUT you can't knock the effort.

Lots to like about what we watched today and I for one will be there next week to see us take on the Violet Crumbles.

Would be nice to see a massive blue and yellow turn out next week at Optus......so fellow supporters start making plans to be there.

Hooker is a star.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back