AFLX 2019 , Buddy , Danger , Dusty , Fyfe captains 50k payday

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFLPA want more money and less work. It's fair enough that they get their fair share of the game's profits, no problem with that.

But us punters who ultimately find these guys, by and large, have been paying more for less (as in a poorer spectacle, annoying crap at the ground on game day, etc) for a while now. AFLX? Pfffft
The AFLX was $10 in Sydney last year. FFS

Patrick Dangerfield - "season is too long"
AFL - "here's a payday on something that's a s**t concept"
Patrick Dangerfield - "show me the money".

Yeah missed a big opportunity.

Aboriginal team, racist redneck team, transgender team, gay team

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Ah no, your suggestions are bad and not in any way comparable to an indigenous team.

Hope it fails miserably. I'd rather money go into the women's game or grass roots football. So many country clubs merging or folding, pleading for help.
Would have thought the players would rather put their energy into getting SoO back up and running before this bs.

Thankfully my club tends to repel ‘representative’ crap like this and the International Rules.

So at best expect Willie Rioli to play for Eddie’s team (he played AFLX last year) and maybe Dom Sheed to roll up somewhere due to his current name value.

Can’t imagine guys like McGovern, Kennedy, Darling, Yeo suiting up.

I’d rather nobody bothered though! - considering we are a week behind every team bar 1 this year.

Ha, losers, you're a full month behind us. Winning GFs is counterproductive to the next season, bet you're rueing your late finish now.

Lot of hate going around its really not that bad, i will watch it for 1

If Eddie is only picking natives then i would of liked a bit of Origin theme for the rest

Natives
WA/TAS/NT
SA/QLD
VIC/NSW
That idea would at least give the teams a bit of identity. As it stands the players picked will be really random.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That idea would at least give the teams a bit of identity. As it stands the players picked will be really random.
This is a longshot, but maybe they have something in mind for the other teams too, beyond the weak themes they've already announced.

Riewoldt's bull logo does look a bit like a T, has to be said.

Riewoldt captaining ‘Rampage’ is 10/10 standing in for Martin; as evidenced in the cringey attempt on afl.com to link the players to the team name: ‘...and Riewoldt to steer the Rampage due to his capacity to break tackles and go hard in the air’. It’s certainly not the worst crime involved in AFLX, but nevertheless it’s another feather in the dunces’ cap.

I’m going to lose a lot of respect for anyone who accepts money to play in this garbage and not donate it to a cause. I’ve always supported AFL players’ ambitions to generate as much money as they can in a short career, but this is just too much. This is selling out if I’ve ever seen it, particularly for the captains who are already on big bucks.

The funniest part of it all is the All Indigenous team I reckon. Give me a break. Imagine if Eddie was looking forward to teaming up with his old buddies Mitch Robinson and Kade Simpson only for Gil to fix up his tie and say “so uhhh I’ll get you to captain this token team of only people of your culture, thanks champ” and Eddie just stands and smiles.

Last edited:
The funniest part of it all is the All Indigenous team I reckon. Give me a break. Imagine if Eddie was looking forward to teaming up with his old buddies Mitch Robinson and Kade Simpson only for Gil to fix up his tie and say “so uhhh I’ll get you to captain this token team of only people of your culture, thanks champ”.
Gill must be holding a gun in your hypothetical situation and forcing Eddie against his will, what a monster!

From the article about it on the AFL website:
"Captaining a team of the best indigenous men's talent in the country is such an honour for me, especially when it falls at the end of our AFL Indigenous All Stars Summit giving us the opportunity to play all together" - Eddie Betts

Gill must be holding a gun in your hypothetical situation and forcing Eddie against his will, what a monster!

From the article about it on the AFL website:

It’s difficult to convey tone on the internet but my post was meant to be a joke. That said, I still think it’s silly to have an Aboriginal team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back