mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
Got a little vomit in my mouth reading about the super hero’s.

Dixie Normous

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
"Jack's a superhero of our game and I'm thrilled to help him lead team Rampage," Cripps said.

maxresdefault.jpg

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
My main interest is going to be the make-up of Eddie's team and who Don makes available/allows from the Crows

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can we send them Hampton
Hampton was actually one of our best players in last year’s AFLX games!

It’s got me thinking, maybe AFLX might be a good exhibition period whereby only recent retirees can participate. Or if needing more players, then only non-AFL regulars are playing.

Surely, most fans would want to see their regulars saved up for the main season rather than playing in some gimmicky pre-season games?

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hampton was actually one of our best players in last year’s AFLX games!

It’s got me thinking, maybe AFLX might be a good exhibition period whereby only recent retirees can participate. Or if needing more players, then only non-AFL regulars are playing.

Surely, most fans would want to see their regulars saved up for the main season rather than playing in some gimmicky pre-season games?

I can see some interesting uses for AFLX, but maybe they don't achieve what the AFL is hoping this will.

If we had a mid-season draft/trade period of let's say players who have played less than 3 games that season and state players over a certain age, having an AFLX competition during the bye weekend of those players followed by the draft/trade during the weekend.

It Would generate a lot of talk.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
My main interest is going to be the make-up of Eddie's team and who Don makes available/allows from the Crows
4 per team is the max supplied to this Don said. Hopefully only Betts is playing if he must.
Fairly good chance Stengel and McAdam will play though.
Which would get me having a look.

Last edited:

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
4 per team is the max supplied to this Don said. Hopefully only Betts is playing if he must.
Fairly good chance Stengel and McAdam will play though.
Which would get me having a look.
The best part of AFLX is the trialling of new players and to get a feel who our next best thing could be. Though the main issue in AFLX is that if you have the speed, then it’s much easier to burn off your opponents and with much more free space than with the usual AFL game.

Sep 19, 2007
The Pub
AFL Club
Adelaide
The best part of AFLX is the trialling of new players and to get a feel who our next best thing could be. Though the main issue in AFLX is that if you have the speed, then it’s much easier to burn off your opponents and with much more free space than with the usual AFL game.

That’s hardly going to happen this year. Seriously, the AFL should be promoting the s**t out of AFLW, yet what are they doing? Trying their darndest to push this cringeworthy gimmick of a competition on us, despite the fact no one asked for it.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
That’s hardly going to happen this year. Seriously, the AFL should be promoting the s**t out of AFLW, yet what are they doing? Trying their darndest to push this cringeworthy gimmick of a competition on us, despite the fact no one asked for it.
I get the feeling they’re not trialling AFLX format for the footy purists, but trialling to see how they can implement footy to other countries. The hint is that they’re using rectangular fields found everywhere in other countries, oval fields more unique to Australia.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I get the feeling they’re not trialling AFLX format for the footy purists, but trialling to see how they can implement footy to other countries. The hint is that they’re using rectangular fields found everywhere in other countries, oval fields more unique to Australia.
the hint is that the AFL have stated this exact goal explicitly

Except it will never take off. Its not a good game. Its like basketball with a massively oversized ring.

I fully expect if not next year then in the next 2-3 years, this years exact form (4 captains who pick teams of the competitions best) but to be played in New York. Just like the International rules played over there, it will be a raging success (for the big wigs who get fully paid trips to new york, no one else will care)

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
the hint is that the AFL have stated this exact goal explicitly

Except it will never take off. Its not a good game. Its like basketball with a massively oversized ring.

I fully expect if not next year then in the next 2-3 years, this years exact form (4 captains who pick teams of the competitions best) but to be played in New York. Just like the International rules played over there, it will be a raging success (for the big wigs who get fully paid trips to new york, no one else will care)

It's like those superannuation cricket matches you see played in baseball stadiums or in the snow.

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
If 18 teams nominate four players, its less than 80 players, where does this 100 figure come from?

4 teams at 14 per team = 56, which is equal to 3 per team on average, with two teams submitting extra.

There should be rules to ensure each team has at least two picked, otherwise some teams could end up with 4 and maybe a couple end up with none. I guess besided the captains, you could be free to nominate fringe players only, so that would minimise the potential to derail a season.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker

As much of a shitshow that AFLX is, it beats the suitcase out of AFLW.

AFLW is like watching under 12s.

Back