AFLX 3.0

Is it time for Gil to be moved on?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sooooo many people getting upset over nothing.

If you don't want to watch it then don't but it has zero impact on your or your life or your club.

I dont understand the persistence with this format. I think it has a lot to do with the ego and pride of the AFL in trying to ignore the fact their concept is trash.

"Am I so out of touch? No, it's the fans who are wrong." - Principal Seymour Gil McLaughlan Skinner, 2019.

IMO the problem is AFLX should be the format the women play (AFLXW) The AFL can't change it now because the feminists would be up in arms...AFLX for the blokes is nothing more than a novelty for traditional fans. Gil is trying to leave his mark on the game with an everlasting legacy of his time as the chief! He sees AFLX as the format of the game that might just achieve that and obtain overseas involvement as a result? Footy fans don't give a fat rats tossbag until Round 1 each season and that will never change!
But maybe we could introduce it for the women as well (to be equal) and see what they prefer?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just make it the same format as last year, but instead of ridiculous names, have it state of origin. Done.

Why take the micky out of State Of Origin by lowering it to this pile of steaming sh!t?
If we ever bring back SOO it has to be done right and taken seriously like it should be.

It looked a good bit like the international combined rules stuff and so 3 teams from each country (or 2 from Ireland and beg NZ to come and play) and its two lame birds with one single mercy killing stone.

Last edited:
Back