AFLX and JLT series discussion

With January almost done and dusted that means football is fast approaching us albeit in various formats.

With that it's time to start discussing the upcoming AFLX and JLT Series games!

AFLX:

aflxpinkball100119.jpg

When: Friday 22nd of Feb
Where: Marvel Stadium

4 teams have been created to take each other on in 1 night of football.

Flyers - Nathan Fyfe
Bolts - Patrick Dangerfield
Rampage - Jack Riewoldt
Deadlys - Eddie Betts

Will you be watching?

JLT series:

Game 1 vs Melbourne
When: Sunday 3rd of March
Where: Deakin Reserve
Time: 4:40pm

Game 2 vs Hawthorn
When: Saturday 9th of March
Where: UTAS Stadium
Time: 7:10pm

What are the expectations for our JLT series? What kind of team are you hoping we field?

TigerTime_89

4x Jack Dyer Medalist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melb Storm, Liverpool, S Thunder
I will watch JLT, like I do every season, when I remember, lol.
Will not be watching AFLX.
Couldn't bear seeing one of our players injured. **Touchwood**

Wasn't it Dangerfield that kept harking on about the length of the season ?
But now he's happy to endorse an additional gimmick game.
🤑🤑

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Pretty f##$$$ stupid to have a 6day turnaround with only 2 practice matches to be played. The afl proving how ******ed they are once again.
A 6 day break will be fine, players don’t play as much game time in JLT even if we go in ‘full strength’. Regardless, 6 day breaks even in season are completely manageable. It’s the back to back ones and 5 or less dayers that hurt

I’d just train the senior players in match simulation stuff and play the kids and seconds players in all the pre season crap unless a senior bloke really wanted to.
It’s just become a nothing thing.

Yeah good on him in my opinion, took a big pay cut for us to make salary room. Happy for him to make some $$ in other ways.
Yeah his call. It’s a joke concept but happy for him to make some money.

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
I’d just train the senior players in match simulation stuff and play the kids and seconds players in all the pre season crap unless a senior bloke really wanted to.
It’s just become a nothing thing.

nah i reckon we need to go hard in the NAB cup. remember in 2017 when colonwood "flogged" us in the NAB cup and the commentators were banging on about how we sucked and they were awesome and it would set the tone for the season. loook what happened then! we gotta take it more seriously

Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Man U, Chicago Bulls, Anaheim Ducks
Jack has chosen Cripps as his Vice Captain
Danger has chosen Hodge
Fyfe has chosen The Bont
Betts has chosen Burgoyne (I think Sheds & rioli will also be on this team)

A live draft will be held in early February, where the four captains will build the rest of their side from a 100-strong pool of AFL talent, with a limit of four players eligible from each of the clubs.

Nov 29, 2016
The Wall
AFL Club
Richmond
Jack has chosen Cripps as his Vice Captain
Danger has chosen Hodge
Fyfe has chosen The Bont
Betts has chosen Burgoyne (I think Sheds & rioli will also be on this team)

A live draft will be held in early February, where the four captains will build the rest of their side from a 100-strong pool of AFL talent, with a limit of four players eligible from each of the clubs.
Blues fans a bit upset that Cripps has to be Vice Captain under Jack because "Cripps is the better player," not sure that's how Captains are picked.

Back