Game Day AFLX Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Did any of the players get injured in last year's AFLX?

I don't really understand the angst so many have about their own players participating. It's a micky mouse competition but the chances of getting hurt appear to be very low, no more than a regular circle work session at training.
I don't recall, but I can't imagine so. They have better chance getting injured at home.

If they want to participate with players they would never play with and probably never again, have a little fun, more power to them. In any case, after friday, people can stop complaining as it will be done and dusted.

Did any of the players get injured in last year's AFLX?

I don't really understand the angst so many have about their own players participating. It's a micky mouse competition but the chances of getting hurt appear to be very low, no more than a regular circle work session at training.

Zero injuries, I'm pretty sure there wasn't even a tackle last year.

If I could make 1 rule change to make this more competitive/contested it would be... You can't score from outside 25, It's so easy to score in the current format the whole game is pot shots from everywhere.
Then some coach would implement the defensive 25 flood, oh that's right there are no coaches so we might actually see
some instinctual football skills for a change.

McDonald requires knee surgery, and wouldn't be able to play JLT/Round 1 if they did the surgery after AFLX.

Bayley Fritsch is his replacement.
Geez, Melbourne throwing caution to the wind and putting up their big gun players as replacements!

A rock off to decide which direction teams kick? Now I'm in!
They had to try something to compete with the BBL's bat toss although that did produce a few laughs.
Rock, Paper or Scissors they might need a team meeting to decide which option to use and maybe
champion data could produce some predictive statistics and graphs to aide them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nab need to do one of those mini superstar ads but with the executives - Gil, hocking, etc - sitting around bouncing around ideas for AFLX. 10 year olds coming up with these ideas would make sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back