Game Day AFLX Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I cannot fathom how they only playing with 8 on field. I thought last year's experiment showed it was actually too uncontested as a first test. Players could virtually do as they wanted and it was like football-tennis of just each team taking turns kicking for goal from other end.
Surely 10 or 11 on field would make the experiment more watchable. At least make a player feel like someone is near them to possibly tackle or bump them.

There was 7 on the field last year. Looks like they have increased it by one. Then I suspect they'll have another year of data to work with

There was 7 on the field last year. Looks like they have increased it by one. Then I suspect they'll have another year of data to work with

Ok, least it is step in right direction. They mentioned changes they made but did not say that was one of them. One more will still not be enough but if they keep changing they may get there in two or three years.

We want inclusion for all races etc but for AFLX aborigines can only play for one side. Even if you wanted an all -aboriginal side it shouldn't stop the other sides from picking an aboriginal player. FMD how dumb are these w***ers at the AFL.

Cant wait for the commentators when commentating eddie betts side to keep saying s**t like:
1. How gifted they are
2. How magical they play
3. Just have a natural instinct for this

We want inclusion for all races etc but for AFLX aborigines can only play for one side. Even if you wanted an all -aboriginal side it shouldn't stop the other sides from picking an aboriginal player. FMD how dumb are these w***ers at the AFL.

Cant wait for the commentators when commentating eddie betts side to keep saying s**t like:
1. How gifted they are
2. How magical they play
3. Just have a natural instinct for this
It’s a piece of marketing fluff - not a formal competition with a merit-based selection process. Who cares how they divvy up?

now that the excitement of aflx is done for this year, how do we think the afl will expand it next year? im hoping they bring in team optimus and team megatron for the rivalry.

I'm hoping to see AFLX themed Ninja Turtles figurines released. The turtle blimp will have the Gatorade logo on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't too into the AFLX concept but I enjoyed the program and I thought they all went about it in a good spirit. Generally enjoy Nat Edwards who was probably the only reason the show ran pretty smoothly.

It's also quite obvious that Jack Riewoldt is a fair bit smarter than his fellow panel members. I definitely see coaching in his future if he decides to go that way.

As for Team Deadly - I would not have organised it that way myself but for a glorified exhibition game I think you just let it go. Possible improvement within the format would be just let Eddy nominate 12 players before hand and all other indigenous players are available for everyone to choose from. Incidentally that's pretty similar to the first 10 picks in the national draft.

Ok, least it is step in right direction. They mentioned changes they made but did not say that was one of them. One more will still not be enough but if they keep changing they may get there in two or three years.

It will be scrapped after this year and thank god too, everyone hates it and the AFL knows it.

If they just changed the stupid names to WA, SA, VIC, NSW, QLD and then had a captain from each state where that captain can only choose from that states pool of players. Suddenly, it's alot more interesting imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back