Preview AFLX How seriously will clubs take it?

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought I'd described what was announced as the plan last year. A game to take to non-traditional audiences that can be played in the grounds all other codes use.

I suspect that still is the main objective

This thing is still very much in "beta" stage though

I am still hopeful that it ends up as the format for a state of origin series played in November each year.

I suspect that still is the main objective

This thing is still very much in "beta" stage though

I am still hopeful that it ends up as the format for a state of origin series played in November each year.
It does seem this year is a step backwards into AFL territory though. Bit like the AFLW conferences it appears ad hoc

AFLX > no footy IMO, especially after a 5-month absence

Yeh it’s a glorified kick and giggle, but it’s still something to watch in the lead up to the AFL season and it’s more entertaining than AFLW

Also a good chance to get an early look at some of the new players, for and against.

Surely the AFL did due diligence and got all the club's to fully buy in and make all there players available.
Surely the AFL powers didn't just go "Wow great idea Gil this will be a winner winner chicken dinner. All the clubs will definitely jump on board"
Surely the AFL didn't just do what they wanted.
Surely

I thought I'd described what was announced as the plan last year. A game to take to non-traditional audiences that can be played in the grounds all other codes use.

Pretty sure our’s were played at Hindmarsh stadium, which made sense. Surprised they gave up so quickly, though not sure about the tv and attendance figures.

Why invent teams when people have been crying out for SOO?
Surely they could fine 10 players from each state for AFLX (or however many players take the field)

At least that could bring some level of interest if it was SA v WA etc.

Unless they are scared of sullying SOO even more?

Lots of fear. It's ok Guys. Im sure you will still be able to see the boring old Traditional game in the local Park, While the AFLX cup is played at the end of X-TEMBER at MARVEL stadium. With Chad Wingard totally yeeting the ball from mid center in goal and does the Floss right in front of Bett's Face.

It will only be for players that have had an uninterrupted preseason and are keen for a preseason run.

Don't know why the negativity about players from your team playing - they can break their leg or do an ACL at training, do you not want them to train either?

Expecting a fair few ' general soreness ' injuries to pop up in that week and heavy training loads offered as excuses by all clubs.

Seriously hope Jack selects 0 players from the tigers.

Last year most clubs sent out their fringe players and i would expect the same level of player to only be available this year.........................

unless off course the AFL have threatened all clubs behind the scenes to have all players available.
Just as long as Jack heroically subs himself off at the start of the game so he can use he valuable leadership to direct the team from the bench

It will only be for players that have had an uninterrupted preseason and are keen for a preseason run.

Don't know why the negativity about players from your team playing - they can break their leg or do an ACL at training, do you not want them to train either?

Given we lost Zac Williams, Will Setterfield and T to ACL's and Tom Scully out if the 22 before the first JLT game, I'm not dismissing the cotton wool notion before round 1 out of hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope they take it even less seriously than they did last year. Please, Collingwood, release nobody for this. Or pick a couple of passersby off the street and hurriedly "draft" them as our contribution to this tripe.

A mixture of disdain and trepidation.

Not seriously at all but a good warm up for the reserves and youth players. But not the first team in case of injuries.

Should just run it with players that have retired or been delisted in the last one to four years. Reasonable standard but not risking current AFL quality players for the stupid endeavour.

I mean if you already don’t have the attached club loyalty what does it really matter if they’re not current players? It’s already a gimmick, seeing past players run around again might actually enhance it.

Should just run it with players that have retired or been delisted in the last one to four years. Reasonable standard but not risking current AFL quality players for the stupid endeavour.

I mean if you already don’t have the attached club loyalty what does it really matter if they’re not current players? It’s already a gimmick, seeing past players run around again might actually enhance it.
I guess then the crowd would be zero.

The attendance for AFLX Im guessing (kids, parents and bored people) will be 7-15k?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back