Opinion AFLX - Name your starting lineup

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not going to diss it until I've seen but I do have some reservations about it working.

Big bash works because it fills a hole. People love their cricket but didn't have a team in any sort of "meaningful"competition (other than Australia) to get behind. (Not saying Sheffield Shield isn't meaningful to purists but the average punter couldn't give a rats). BBL didn't create a market, the love of cricket was already there, they just provided a product the market wanted.

AFLX wont bring new people to the game, they will need to rely on existing AFL followers to support the game. Most AFL punters would have mentally switched off from their team if they haven't made finals so its debatable if they will want to attend. If the AFL wants to draw a crowd, its going to be hard. BBL is good to watch on TV because the crowds are big and the atmosphere comes through the broad cast. If you've got AFLX playing on a soccer sized pitch in the middle of the an empty AFL stadium its going to be crap viewing. If the AFL play it at smaller rectangle stadiums you need to change the mind set of the AFL punter to go to a different stadium.

One good thing is that with only 1 ump we might see some big behind the play hits!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Load of bullshit concept

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Totally agree. Did you hear the way Hutchy introduced Damo "with the biggest news story in football for a very long time" last night. It was like a paid advertorial.

Totally agree. Did you hear the way Hutchy introduced Damo "with the biggest news story in football for a very long time" last night. It was like a paid advertorial.
I saved my braincells by not watching that s**t.

There are far more enjoyable ways to kill braincells!

So the AFL claims clubs don't want their players playing origin in case of injury and the schedule is packed, yet they are going to play this crap?

So the AFL claims clubs don't want their players playing origin in case of injury and the schedule is packed, yet they are going to play this crap?
Sounds like no clubs on board with this circus.

I hope it stays that way.

This might be awesome. But I fear it's going to be a stupid time waster. Who actually suggested that people wanted this?

Since when did the peoples "wants" matter in the AFL..............or in this country?

Good idea. I ******* hate weekends without football. Would be fast paced and entertaining. Would watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back