Preview AFLX - Pick me, pick me

Remove this Banner Ad

I will ******* blow a fuse if any of our 4 players get injured, in this heap of steaming poo.
Less of our boys at risk than last year at least

The most interesting thing about this will be to see if the crowd outnumbers the ground management staff.

They are already reducing tickets from $15 to $10. By the end of the week they will be giving tickets away on gimmicks and by next week you will probably get a free pie and coke if you just turn up.

All this while Tasmanian state football and country clubs are struggling.

Life for Gil must be great in his Ivory Tower.

The most interesting thing about this will be to see if the crowd outnumbers the ground management staff.

They are already reducing tickets from $15 to $10. By the end of the week they will be giving tickets away on gimmicks and by next week you will probably get a free pie and coke if you just turn up.

"Let them eat pies"

"Let them eat pies"

I love that quote twice over. Once, because I think it embodies the AFL leadership's attitude exactly. And, twice, because it's the first great smear campaign (there's no evidence Marie Antoinette ever actually said the phrase and it has been given the exact opposite intent of her publicly documented statements) and it had maximum effect (her head was chopped off because of it).

Dunno.. the AFLW gets crowds. I think people just want to see footy live.

It'll be heaps better if there's impromptu fireworks & s**t music played really loud.

Also, I hope we borrow from other sports & give the mic to the dumbest 12yr old we can find, so he can contribute poorly timed "Cooooeeeeeee" attempts throughout the game.

It'll be heaps better if there's impromptu fireworks & s**t music played really loud.

Also, I hope we borrow from other sports & give the mic to the dumbest 12yr old we can find, so he can contribute poorly timed "Cooooeeeeeee" attempts throughout the game.
The AFL should get in contact with North Melbourne to see if they can use the scoreboard media that reminds the crowd when to cheer after a goal.

I thought the respect for AFLX started low and it was going to build as the crowd warmed to it then the AFL stepped in with their improvements

When they are listing out Saints players that are well below par, even on their list, those that didn't get selected must have been rookie picks up from two months ago.

If this was serious, would love to see how we'd go with:

For: Gunners - Breust

Ru: Rough

Mid: Scully - Mitchell - Smith

Def: Stratts - Siss

I/C: Jaeger, Wings, Shiels and Impey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Working as a tennis coach, I'm working with the AFLX 'target audience' every single day. Out of all these kids (most pretty sport mad), I haven't heard AFLX being spoken about once. They speak about regular footy, but clearly have no interest in the Mickey Mouse League

We’ve pulled out, Silk aside.

AFLX...

6-8 teams have Praccy Matches just before or on the day of this silly marketing gimmick.

Almost as if the AFL concocted then implemented an idea without considering how it might affect the clubs. Obviously, that would never happen...

IMO I'm rather pleased that the Hawks pulled Smith and Bruest from AFLX.

So now only Silk playing, got an email from AFL to provide free tickets to AFL Members so they must know
that AFLX is not drawing the attention they had hoped for.
I just want the hawk players injury free as much as possible. The Marvel surface is quite hard on the body so the less
hawks play the better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back