Preview AFLX - Pick me, pick me

Remove this Banner Ad

"The captains’ teammates are being encouraged to linger around the rock, paper, scissors staging to create banter. "

This is an idea that someone had. Who then spoke it out loud. For other people to hear. And they thought it was so good that they'd do it.

No wonder they don't test for recreational drug use at headquarters

I mentioned that filming the various meetings honing the concept 'utopia' (or 'the games') style would be more entertaining then the actual event

"The captains’ teammates are being encouraged to linger around the rock, paper, scissors staging to create banter. "

This is an idea that someone had. Who then spoke it out loud. For other people to hear. And they thought it was so good that they'd do it.

No wonder they don't test for recreational drug use at headquarters

The fake cheering and celebrations at winning the rock-paper-scissors were one of the saddest things I have seen on a footy field...

Just watched the highlights and it was actually worse and more cringeworthy then I thought!! It is by far the worst sporting organization/event in the world today!! Hurling in water would be more attractive then this steaming pile of s**t!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be a veterans tournament played in the off season in conjunction with cricket Australia.
Play it on the same day as t20s at a nearby ground, with money going to whichever charity/S both organisations have in common. Even involve the NRL and have a 3 team tournament of AFL v NRL v Cricket

Should be a veterans tournament played in the off season in conjunction with cricket Australia.
Play it on the same day as t20s at a nearby ground, with money going to whichever charity/S both organisations have in common. Even involve the NRL and have a 3 team tournament of AFL v NRL v Cricket

I like the concept of the game, particularly for overseas, non traditional groups and places with ground size challenges, but Gil and his bunch of halfwits should be relieved of its consideration and development going forward.

I like the concept of the game, particularly for overseas, non traditional groups and places with ground size challenges, but Gil and his bunch of halfwits should be relieved of its consideration and development going forward.
I saw about 5 mins of this via replay & it just didn't have a 'football' feel to it. Was very 'end to end' & very little contest. I wanted to watch it & like it as it had plenty of players that I recognised, but I just didn't know what I was watching (or why?). Sure, they had kicks & marks & whistles etc., but what I saw looked more like a ball movement drill from training than it did a modified game of footy.

Like you say, if it were aimed at an International audience or a non-footy audience then it might get traction, but its failed to grab any of my interest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back