Autopsy AFLX Review - It...wasn’t bad?

Remove this Banner Ad

It was more watchable than the AFLW which needs a few years before the skills and speed will be up to being worthy of watching (can't knock the effort which puts a lot of Male players to shame).

But AFLX needs teams that actually mean something otherwise who cares who wins.

it wasnt bad. it was just unnecessary. the only people i can see it really appealing to are footy die hards who would much rather watch a real game of Aussie Rules.

then again having multiple formats of the one game has worked so well for cricket why wouldnt the AFL want to go down the same path? :rolleyes:

Wow you must’ve been asleep for the last two years, are you feeling refreshed?
Why? Your Tigers needing some more ticker coz they didn't have it last season?!? Personally, I think you'll find that even with the 2 best forwards in the comp, your team is gonna struggle to get back to their GF best! Dusty is the cancer that gonna send your culture back down the toilet IMO!

Last edited:
Draft - 8/10, interesting to see who they pick and plenty of banter
Fashion before the game 10/10 - Jack Higgins wearing a Big Baller Brand shirt made my day, Rockliffs jumpsuit, Rance on the longboard was a pearler.
AFLx - 5/10. The product itself is average but it having all the big names playing is not something we get in this Sport, so it was interesting to see.

Perhaps I'm easily pleased but I think it was a success, although the players were paid generously (5k each for 1 night I think)

Nah, it's about increasing revenue, and touch footy is a much, much better game.

Touch footy as in rugby? Doesn't fill that footy void if you're an AFL fan though.

AFL9's does to an extent, but I play 9's and I'd still enjoy a different variant like AFLX where the ball hitting the deck doesn't stop play.

I didnt like it. Super cringey. Not football at all.

The classic grand finals we have had this millenium do more to showcase our great game. The grand final is picking up internationally i think. Reaction type vids by overseas youtubers do more i would say.

I used to enjoy footy in early 2000s as a kid coz it was hard and brutal game. Not a bruise free fireworks dress up party. Wtf.

Why? Your Tigers needing some more ticker coz they didn't have it last season?!? Personally, I think you'll find that even with the 2 best forwards in the comp, your team is gonna struggle to get back to their GF best! Dusty is the cancer that gonna send your culture back down the toilet IMO!
Please do us all a favour and don’t confuse your hopes and dreams with reality.

Please do us all a favour and don’t confuse your hopes and dreams with reality.
The reality is that your Tigers are on the slide and recruiting big names to to put the squeeze on the salary cap of a team with big egos, isn't gonna help for that one day in September! I think you'll find that your Tiges are ONE & DONE!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Touch footy as in rugby? Doesn't fill that footy void if you're an AFL fan though.

AFL9's does to an extent, but I play 9's and I'd still enjoy a different variant like AFLX where the ball hitting the deck doesn't stop play.

What footy void? AFLX is a vehicle for the AFL to make more money and it's a s**t sport, although I can see why it would be liked by the snowflakes

Wow, you are really broken since the tigers touched you up.
Fun fact - Kaymdyn McIntosh has more and will finish with more premiership medallions than Patrick Dangerfield.
I would suggest bringing in a 34 year old mercenary at the cost of a future young talent is more of a culture killer ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reality is that your Tigers are on the slide and recruiting big names to to put the squeeze on the salary cap of a team with big egos, isn't gonna help for that one day in September! I think you'll find that your Tiges are ONE & DONE!

Wins a flag and then follows up the following season on top of the ladder and makes a prelim, but are on the slide.
There really is a bad meth problem in Geelong.

You guys accept mediocrity, which is why success doesn't come your way often but alls good right coz you still got your theme song LOL!

11 flags >>>>>> 9. And you guys with a 44 year drought suggests one accepts it more than others. So the remark about actual success is deeply ironic.

I think it wasn't terrible. I reckon if you make it State of Origin, remove the game changer and ensure the scoring rules are clear that it could be an interesting one-night style carnival. I was just glad to see Patrick Cripps touch a footy and can't wait for the JLT to start up. Bring on Thursday

Cripps and Fyfe looked unreal.

I think it wasn't terrible. I reckon if you make it State of Origin, remove the game changer and ensure the scoring rules are clear that it could be an interesting one-night style carnival. I was just glad to see Patrick Cripps touch a footy and can't wait for the JLT to start up. Bring on Thursday

I think the draft to remove the traditional teams was a bit of fun; doing it SoO style where the Captain from each state drafts a side from their own state could be kind of similar.

Having to try to decipher scoring rules and such whilst watching a game with almost no downtime wasn't really much fun, too many scoring options doesn't improve things.

What footy void? AFLX is a vehicle for the AFL to make more money and it's a s**t sport, although I can see why it would be liked by the snowflakes

The void for people who want to play socially because they either don't want to commit to full training and games, or who can't anymore because it's too hard on their bodies. It looks like a fun option for those who want something less restrictive than 9s, but not as intense as full footy.

Since one of the original aims the AFL stated was to create a game that could be exported to areas that don't have cricket ovals, you'd have to think turning it into a community level sport is on the agenda.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back