AFLX set to undergo major revamp for 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

At this rate I'm expecting each of the teams to be named after a distinctive and refreshing Zooper Dooper flavour.
Please don't give them ideas.

They will be giving away so many tickets for free...

I'd just rather the extra pre-season game, at least that has something to offer rather than that stain on Australian sport known as AFL X

They will be giving away so many tickets for free...

I'd just rather the extra pre-season game, at least that has something to offer rather than that stain on Australian sport known as AFL X

Gil still clinging on to the hope that some Asia investors will buy Franchisees and spread the game of AFLX across the globe maybe even one day become and Olympic sport decades from now! hell why not 3 on 3 basketball is! who cares how it looks or what the real footy fans think as long as it brings in the $$$ right! Greedy toff! Gil is slowly turning into the worst thing to happen to our great game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Each side would be captained by an AFL ‘franchise player’ such as Scott Pendlebury or Patrick Dangerfield.

AFL: Ok West Coast, we want Shannon Hurn to captain the Eagles AFLX side"
Simmo: "Yeah, nah. He's um, hurt. Did a hammy in the offseason"
AFL: Oh, well how about Josh Kennedy. Dual Coleman medallist. Should be a decent draw"
Simmo: "No he's hurt too. Bad cut while shaving. He's um...wearing an eyepatch"
AFL: "Luke Shuey then?"
Simmo: "Cant. His kid's AusKick side is in the finals. He needs to support the lad"
AFL: "His kid's an infant!"
Simmo: "Yeah, he's a prodigy alright"
AFL: "Well then who can we have?"
Simmo: "You can have....um.....oh! Former Rising Star nominee Chris Masten! He's gonna be a superstar in a few years!
AFL: "A Rising Star player? Yeah I guess that could work. Ok, send us Chris Mastiff!"
Simmo: "Well, you twisted my arm, but ok. Its for the good of the game after all. We'll just have to pray that he pulls up ok - I don't know what we'll do without Mast...iff... in the side"

AFLX set to undergo major revamp for 2019

Radical new rules to be trialled:
  • Hands in the back is prohibited
  • Free kick to a player who tries to win the ball and gets kneed in the head
  • Boundary throw-in when the ball is kicked out of bounds
  • Ball-up if a player drags the ball in and is immediately sat on by 2 tacklers
  • Umpires to call for a ball-up as soon as a pack forms
  • Unlimited interchanges
  • No shot clock and no hurry up "play on" after 5 seconds
  • No review system. Goal umpires to be the final arbiter on all scoring decisions

According to Fox Sports, AFLX is set to undergo a major revamp for 2019. The new format will see four teams, each consisting of a marquee, high-profile captain and other AFL players, participate in three games each before a Grand Final. The information is contained within the following article: https://bit.ly/2pla1Li

Other information revealed in the article includes:

Also discussed are whether players would be paid for their participation, as well as what players would be playing, and Fox Footy is quoted as saying:

It is also understood there would be less of an impact on the AFLW season, given it the tournament will only run for one day, on Friday February 22nd at Marvel Stadium, rather than three days across the country. Personally, I like the idea of franchises, but I would rather a longer tournament held across an entire day at Marvel
Care factor zero.
AFLX can be sold to India for all I care.
Get some idiot from NRL to swap codes and fail.
Who gives a s**t.
Leave our game alone Gillon and your dickhead mates.
get your *in hands out of the Pie Rupert you campaigner.

Melbourne did pretty well last year but even us winning couldn't keep me watching that abomination of a sport. It's just terrible to watch, along with AFLW.

I really wish they would stop trying to damage the AFL brand

the boffins at the afl again showing they are completely out of touch with reality

a 1000 monkeys with a thousand typewriters could come up with a million better ways to run the afl starting by abandoning the abomination that is aflX

At this rate I'm expecting each of the teams to be named after a distinctive and refreshing Zooper Dooper flavour.
No, it's at Marvel stadium , so we can only hope each one will be named after a different Marvel superhero. Hamish can name them for us... the supermen, batmen, green lanterns and aquamen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back